Andrew came home on Wed. night! We are so excited to have everyone home in the same house! This is complete craziness, though! I honestly STILL can't believe we have three babies!!! Sometimes Evan and I just sit and stare at all of them, and then look at each other in disbelief. Will this ever sink in??!! What a blessing to have three healthy big baby boys and their big brother home for Christmas! Amazing....
The nights are the craziest now that all three are home. When there were only two babies here, Evan or I could get up and do a feeding by ourselves, but now we need two people for every feeding, which is really hard b/c we're not getting any sleep. We feed every three hours during the day, and then we try to go every four hours at night. So we feed at 11 p.m., 3 a.m., and then 7 a.m. By the time you feed all three babies, then burp, and hold them upright for awhile so they don't spit, for sure an hour (sometimes an hour and a half) has passed. They are slow eaters, and we have to make sure they get enough b/c their growth is the most important thing right now. Then we lay the babies down, and one of us sleeps by the babies on a bed in the living room so the other one can sleep in bed without hearing every grunt and cry on the monitor. And they kind of spit a lot, so sometimes they choke a little, so we want to hear that...Then our alarm goes off in about 2 hours, and we do it all over again! Then we switch who gets to sleep in bed, and we're back to sleep for another 2 hours. Then it's morning, and right when we're ready to go back to sleep after the 7 a.m. feeding, Tyler wakes up. And then Evan has to go to work, so we all go through the day on very little sleep. I seriously don't know if it's day or night sometimes...it all feels the same! We knew this part would be crazy, but wow....it really is!! The babies overall though are pretty content and happy babies, so we're thankful for that!
We took them all to the Dr. on Thursday (that was a fiasco!!). I was sweating by the time we got all three in their car seats! Their check up was good! Andrew weighs 6 lbs, Micah weighs 6 lbs 6 oz, and Derek weighs 7 lbs 12 oz!
Here is Tyler's first look at Andrew. After he looked at him, we told him that this was the last baby coming home, and he said "I need more babies, mommy!" :)
CONGRATS, CONGRATS, CONGRATS! So happy to hear your family is all under one roof!! Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteSo happy you are all home together!! I will admit I miss seeing you in NICU though! Thanks so much for the gift for Maci, I love it!!
ReplyDelete