Saturday, December 17, 2011

Derek is home, and Happy Birthday, Tyler!

We got to take Derek home yesterday! He had a 20 day total stay in the NICU, and is doing great. He's our big boy! Yesterday he was weighing 7 lbs, 1 oz. Micah and Andrew are both 5 lbs, 10 oz. And Happy Birthday to our big boy Tyler! I can't believe he is 2 already. He's having a little bit of a rough time adjusting to all these babies at home. He's just throwing a few more tantrums, which I guess we could expect. I think by the time we bring Andrew home he's going to wonder how many more times he's going to have to welcome home a new baby! Tyler definitely makes this triplets thing harder. He's a little high maintenance right now, and doesn't want to ever play by himself. He begs to go play downstairs constantly, but won't go alone, so screams until someone will go with him. He's into throwing things lately, so we can't just put the babies in bouncy seats on the floor much because they might get hit by a block or a cow or a truck, etc. We've been putting them in bouncy seats inside of pack and plays which we have set up in our living room so Tyler can't touch them. And you can't ever just feed a baby...Tyler usually wants to come sit on your lap or wants you to get up so he can show you something, so it's hard sometimes b/c we're needed by so many boys right now, and we want to give them all our full attention! Poor little Tyler....this would be a lot for any kid to handle! He's no longer the center of our universe...he now has to share mom and dad and grandmas and grandpas.

Evan took Tyler to the Anema Christmas party tonight, and I'm home by myself with the two babies. I now have a whole new respect for mom's of twins. And how are moms of triplets not crazy? I may be crazy after we're through the first year. :) It takes forever just to feed, bathe, and change them, and we don't even have them all home yet! Evan and I are already feeling sleep deprived. Good thing my mom is coming tomorrow to help!

Evan thinks I'm crazy, but I feel like I can tell what each of the boys is going to be like when they get older already. I think Andrew is going to be our studious, perfectionist one. He's just so observant and calm, and I love his bright eyes. And Derek is going to be our jokester, laid back, probably get into trouble one. He always makes me laugh already! He makes all these goofy smiles when he's sleeping and grunts constantly, and does everything with vigor (eats fast, burps fast and loud, and then falls immediately to sleep). So funny! And Micah is just going to be our easy kid...friendly and obeys the rules. He's just been easy from the start....no breathing help needed in the NICU at all, a good eater right away...He's just done things really well from the start. So there are my predictions....we'll see how I do in about 15 years!

Here's little Andrew...He's up to taking 6 bottles a day now, so he's making progress! They're thinking possibly by next week he could be home. We would have our whole family home for Christmas then! Amazing....






Here is Derek all ready to go! All the boys had to be propped on the sides with blankets in order to hold their head in place so they could pass their car seat tests.




Tyler's first look at his new brother Derek.







Here's little Micah. Him and Derek are both little blondies!

And sweet Derek...







Derek was being fussy today, so I laid him right next to Micah, and he calmed right down. I think they're happy to be together again! :)


2 comments:

  1. That last picture of the 2 boys laying together is just precious Heather! And I had to laugh when you described Derek. You would think he was my husband's kid! LOL. Love reading your updates and seeing new pictures. Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy that you have another one of your boys home with you! They look adorable!

    ReplyDelete