I just got a call from the doctor letting us know that Micah is now not coming home today. I think they need to stop telling us that he's coming home, because they keep pushing it back. Last night during the night Micah's temp dropped lower than they like to see it, which he hasn't done for over a week, and he wasn't eating great, and his oxygen levels bounced up and down a little, so now they want to watch him for a bit longer. They are taking blood and urine samples and doing a spinal tap today to see if he has an infection or meningitis. Please pray that this was all a fluke thing and that there is not an infection that they need to treat. They also said his weight was down about 15 grams. That part is probably because he (as well as the other two) got circumcised yesterday, but they want to be sure.
Andrew and Derek are doing about the same. Their eating has kind of plateaued...they're not getting better, but not getting worse, either. They say this is common, and one day a light switch just turns on, and they figure out how to eat better. Andrew did nurse better yesterday than he has in the past, so that was a good sign.
I am a bit of a mess lately, to be honest. Yesterday I just had a crying day....where everything just made me cry. They tell me about two weeks after you deliver is when all of your hormones try to re-adjust back to normal, but with me, I had 3x the hormones that are trying to re-adjust, so it's rough. It's also hard only being able to hold your babies in the NICU because they are all hooked up to monitors all the time, and it's just not a natural/normal environment. I feel like it's hard to bond with the babies. With a single baby, you get to snuggle and nurse them right away, and take them home to love on them after 2 days. With these babies, I feel like I go to the hospital for 3 hours, quick change and feed one, and then go down the line and do that with all of them. And there are dr.'s and nurses stopping in to talk to me constantly, so I feel like I just don't have good time with the boys. Then I rush home to see Tyler for a bit. So there's not as much cuddling and bonding. I'm so ready for us all to be home and for us to just get a system in place, and some more time with the babies. For now, though, I'm trying to stay positive, and at least we're getting more sleep now and I'm able to keep recovering. Please continue to pray for us as we all go through this adjustment period!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I can totally understand the crying phases, i did that with both Gavin and again with Kamea. It was really hard and i thought it would never end and then it eventually got better. It helped to just cry it out and then keep going. I will be praying that it subsides and you start feeling better! Praying that you get to take your little ones home so you can snuggle with all of them!
ReplyDelete