I just had to post tonight. The last few days we have been overwhelmed by others' giving hearts and generosity. I honestly have never felt so supported, so loved in my life....and it's from family, friends, church family, and people I've never met. It's unreal to be a part of God's community during this time, and really, it's making this whole situation which seems totally scary at times less overwhelming because I know how much support we have. There have been days when I've wondered if we're going to be eating cereal every night of the coming week and wondering what I can make for Tyler to eat without standing up for more than 5 minutes, and then neighbors or friends stop by unexpectedly with meals, or people we don't even know send gift cards and say they've heard about our story. There has honestly not been one day when I've felt like God has not provided above and beyond what we need in this situation.
I just had one of those days today where it just feels like He is saying "Trust Me." Here's what happened today: I met this amazing nursing student through my aunt who wants to volunteer and help with the babies once they get here (she lives like 1 mile from us and has such a giving heart....we clicked right away...what a Godsend!); we got a huge box of diapers delivered and I don't even know who they are from (Thank you to whoever you are!!); we got a card in the mail from a couple in Platte with money in it which was completely unexpected; and our Pastor and his wife stopped over with a meal and a little gift for Tyler. Yesterday we got gift cards for meals in the mail from my cousin, and from someone who is following our story that we don't even know, and from a whole department at GMR Marketing (My employer in Milwaukee) that I am not even a part of. And I could go on and on like this.... I honestly had no idea we would be so supported. God has been SO good through this to us. We have no reason to doubt Him. We have no reason to think He's not going to provide for us every step of the way, and we have no reason to think that He won't bless us immensely through these babies.
Being on the receiving end of all these gifts is hard, but the hardest part is not being able to thank everyone individually. I feel so bad about this, but I honestly just don't the energy to write thank you's and mail them to everyone who has sent us a gift, money, diapers, gift cards, meals, helped with Tyler, etc. There would be hundreds and hundreds!! So you all know who you are, and just know that we are beyond thankful!! How can we ever really thank you or ever repay you? I'm just feeling so thankful today....so blessed, and it's through God's family acting as His hands and feet. THANK YOU!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment