Thursday, November 24, 2011

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever.

~Psalm 107:1

Evan and I just ate turkey and stuffing out of a styrofoam take out container from HyVee. And we're so thankful! It's a weird holiday for us -- we sent Tyler to Platte this morning with my brother, so he's spending Thanksgiving with my family. Evan and I are sitting around watching football and pretty much waiting for the babies to come. I'll be 34 weeks tomorrow!!



We are sitting here talking about everything we have to be thankful for...To start, I have the most amazing husband (EVER...really...I knew I was lucky when I married him, but he's proven to be more of a blessing than I ever thought was possible), the sweetest little Tyler, three more little boys on the way, good jobs, a home to live in, food in our cupboards (and freezer meals in our freezer!), a loving and totally supportive community around us, and a God who has not only given us salvation, but who continues to provide for us and give us more than we ask for every day.



On top of everything, we had an AMAZING gift delivered to us yesterday. Around 7:30 p.m. the doorbell rang and the UPS guy was there putting 5 HUGE boxes on our porch from diapers.com. We opened the boxes and inside were over 2600 diapers!!!! For those of you who don't know, I've been fortunate enough to stay working PT in HR for GMR Marketing, my employer in Milwaukee, since we moved from there. The girls in my dept. ran a bunch of fundraisers and raised money to buy us all of these diapers....I about cried when I saw them all!!! Diapers are an expense that is inevitable with these babies, so we are so thankful for this! Evan figured out that between the diaper train that my friends here set up (which has also been amazing!!!), and these diapers from GMR, that we have about the first 7 months of diapers taken care of. I think we have enough size newborn and size 1. I can't tell you what a relief this is to us!! Evan (Mr. Finance) has had the total cost of diapers figured out for the first year about since we discovered we were having triplets....and it was between $3,000 and $4,000....and Tyler is still in diapers, too, so it's been a big burden on us. So a HUGE THANK YOU to GMR, and to everyone who has contributed to the diaper train. Again...we're just overwhelmed by the support and love we've felt. I always knew God works through his people, but this is really the first time I've totally experienced it. You guys are amazing...


Check out these diapers!!! It was 16 boxes that came yesterday....UNREAL! This is me at 33 weeks 5 days (also unreal!). :)



Here's how the diapers came to our house. Tyler is having so much fun making forts out of the boxes!


There's nothing better than a snack pack! :)


Tyler giving his brother "kisses." He's so sweet to them. Every day when he gets home from the babysitter, he puts 3 little teething rings under my shirt "for the babies" because we told him one day that the babies would use them when they came out. I can't believe he's going to be a big brother so soon!




1 comment:

  1. Just saw you had your babies!!! Congrats, hope you all are doing well!

    ReplyDelete