Monday, November 21, 2011

Amazing....

God is SO good. I can't help but praise Him today! He has answered every single prayer about this pregnancy, and I know He's hearing the prayers of those who are supporting us, too. This is the most real He's ever been in our lives...Evan and I both feel it.

I'm 33 weeks, 3 days pregnant today with the triplets. Yesterday I was feeling lots of pressure and cramping, and of course I was worrying like crazy that something was going on. I was sure something was changing and that labor was coming. I woke up this morning and called the Dr. right away, and asked if we could get in today instead of tomorrow (we were scheduled for an appt. tomorrow anyway). So they got me in, and we got amazing news: Labor has NOT progressed at all (I'm dilated to a 1, which is the same as it's been for about 2 weeks now), and the babies are definitely growing. Baby A is weighing 5 lbs 1 oz, Baby B is 5 lbs 5 oz, and Baby C is 5 lbs. 9 oz. I honestly can't believe it! I have 16 lbs of baby in me, plus placentas, plus fluid. I can't believe my body doesn't kick into labor with all this baby weight...

The Dr. today started going through everything that I could've had up to this point, but haven't had: preclampsia, hypertension.....so many of these things I haven't even thought about, but this pregnancy could've been so much worse, and could've had so many more complications. He said again that he couldn't be giving me a better report at this point. What a blessing!! I asked him when we'd get to the point of scheduling a c-section, and he wouldn't really talk about it yet. He thinks I'll still go into labor on my own, and they'd just take the babies then.

Here is Evan practicing holding two. Now add two more to his lap, and we'll be all set. This is our little nephew Ethan (Matt & Tosha's)....he turned 1 today!

Tyler trying to give Ethan a hug...






Tyler in his penguin hat.... :)


I'm only posting these because of peer pressure...I can't tell you how much I hate these pictures, but I'll want to see them after this is all over. Please note: I can't stand in front of the mirror long enough to put on make up or do my hair. EVER. I'm a mess. :)


Here I am last week at 32 weeks:

and 33 weeks: HUGE.




5 comments:

  1. I think you look AMAZING Heather!! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Heather!! So thankful you had such a good report from the Dr. today!! We are continuing to keep you in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful! Mom says she looked that big with one baby who was 5 lbs. Praying for you! I visited with your mom the other day! She seems excited to see the babies! Enjoy these calm days it will soon get crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look absolutely fantastic Heather and we are praying for you out here in San Diego. I have chills as I am completely blown away by God's grace as you have carried your babies in their safe home for so long!! As a L&D nurse...you are definitely a phenomenon and I could not be more proud of you! keep it going and keep the pictures coming, because you are right you will want to see them after your angels are born!! love you

    ReplyDelete