Monday, January 2, 2012

A Rare Moment...

It's a rare moment of peace in the Anema house right now. Tyler is taking a late nap, Micah and Derek are sleeping, and Andrew is in the swing grunting. :) I have decided to update the blog instead of cleaning the bathroom (what's another day when it's been this long, huh?), picking up the living room filled with Tyler's toys, sorting some baby clothes that need to be gone through, running some errands, calling the insurance company, or washing the many bottles that pile up SO quickly! There is just always a million things to do here right now!

My mom has been here for the last few days, and my dad came this weekend, which was a huge help! Evan and I even got to go out for dinner on New Year's Eve!! When we left the house, we didn't even know how to act....we haven't been on a date in SO long with just the two of us. And the last date we went on was when I was pregnant, and Evan pushed me in a wheelchair, and I had to leave the restaurant before the bill came because I was SO HOT. So it was great to go on a "normal" date again! I feel so blessed to have such a hands on husband through all of this. He is so amazing with the babies, and usually can figure out what they need/want before I even can.

It's also so amazing for me to start to feel back to normal again. The pregnancy gave me a whole new perspective on some of the little things in life....like what a true joy it really is to be able to take care of your kids and run and play with them (or even just to have room for them to sit on your lap!!), and how it's a real blessing to be able to use the body God has given me to go for a walk outside (even when it's freezing cold), or clean up my own kitchen (even when I have to do it 100 times a day) or be able to walk up and down the steps. I can get off the couch by myself now, and turn over in bed without having major pain, and take a shower without Evan being home in case I get light headed. I'm learning to never take normal, everyday life for granted. I'm learning again how good God is. What a blessing to be able to enjoy the little things in life!!

All four boys are doing good. I still can't believe we have four kids, but maybe by the time they are 18 we'll be over the shock. :) Our daily schedule right now is crazy. I honestly never have any idea what day it is, and my life revolves around the babies' feeding schedule. All of them are growing so much....I'm not sure of their weights, but I can tell they are all gaining really well and eating a lot more.

Sweet little Derek...


And Micah...


And little Andrew after a bath...Andrew always has a little hand up by his face! So sweet!
Big brother Tyler playing with his new car carrier...








And checking out baby Andrew...He's getting more used to the babies, and usually calls them all "Baby Micah." Since Micah was the first one home, he apparently thinks they are all Baby Micah. :) Tyler usually does okay with the babies until we tell him it's time to feed them. Then he throws a fit usually because he knows he's not going to get any attention. He suddenly wants to sit on my lap or tries to pull my hand so I go downstairs with him, etc.









He needed to eat breakfast with all his puppies this morning. :)















Wide awake Micah...









Grandpa Ken holding Derek and Micah...








And Grandma Nancy with Derek and Andrew...









Grandpa and Tyler played Play-Doh about 5 times this weekend. Tyler loved it!!








Evan and I have had to get creative with our feedings. We're learning some ways to speed things along.















Here's what we do at 12:30 a.m. Feeding Micah and Derek...










Burping Derek and holding Micah up so he doesn't spit up...










Burping Micah and holding Derek's bottle with my ankle. :)
















Evan feeding Derek and Andrew...

Evan's Grandma Van Maanen came to visit and hold the babies!! Here she is with all four boys: Derek, Micah, Andrew, Tyler


Four generations: Grandma VM, Derek, Tyler, Evan, Andrew, Micah, Carol (Evan's mom)












(You'll notice I'm not posting this until 2 a.m....my rare moment of peace ended almost as soon as I wrote that sentence when Tyler woke up!) :)

1 comment:

  1. I wait so patiently for your updates because I know life is crazy...but I just love reading about how it's going and seeing new pictures! I love the new feeding techniques, especially holding the bottle with a foot! My friend with twins fed her girls in boppy pillows a lot! Can't wait to see you all again!

    ReplyDelete