Here's our first picture as a family of SIX!!! The photographer told us that this is the best family picture after "a lot of editing." :) This was the first picture we took. She told Evan and I to sit on the floor, and Evan has two babies and I have one. All the babies are crying. Evan is trying to sit on the floor, and he's probably the most unflexible person in the world, so he's complaining that he can't get his legs the way she wants them, and she keeps telling him to sit up straighter, and hold the babies different, etc. So he's super uncomfortable and letting us know that. The babies are still all three screaming b/c they are naked, and we're putting them in weird positions. So we are rocking back and forth, holding pacifiers in their mouths, shushing them, etc. Now we have to get Tyler in the picture. He comes and sits down by me for a minute, and we adjust the babies for the 100th time, and she's ready to take the picture, and then Tyler runs away. I am sweating by this point. We finally got a few pictures, and I think she must've done a ton of editing b/c there's no way we all even looked descent on one shot. Funny memory! I have a feeling we are never going to get a really good, well posed family picture again. :)
Micah, Tyler, Andrew, Derek
Micah...
Andrew...
Derek...
Tyler...
I love this one!! He wanted to sit in this chair for his pictures, and once he did that, he was happy! 
We needed the babies naked for this next shot. So...we got them all undressed and tried to settle them down (they hate being naked!), and then laid them in their pose. Micah peed all over Derek while she was trying to take pictures, and it took her forever to arrange them all in a position they would stay in that covered all of their "parts." :) When we lifted them up after she got some shots, Micah and Derek and her blanket were soaked with pee, and they were all bawling once again. And mama was still sweating.
But....how sweet is this?! Totally worth it!
Andrew, Derek, Micah
Andrew, Derek, Micah....laying on a beautiful blanket that their great grandma Van Maanen made for them.
This picture just reminds me of how many times we looked at these three little heads on the ultrasound pictures. Then they were checking for normal brain development, no fluid pockets, etc. and I was always nervous. Now, I'm just loving kissing those soft, sweet, perfect, healthy little heads every day.








I love the pictures Heather!
ReplyDeleteLove, love, love the pictures! And your stories that go along with them are great memories (even through the sweat!).
ReplyDelete