Today just seems even more crazy than usual. I honestly can't even explain everything that happens here in a day. Here's just a glimpse: Evan and my mom (or whoever is here helping us) gets up to do the 7 a.m. feeding (which is usually more like 6:30 a.m.). I'm usually sleeping b/c I do the 11 p.m. and 3 a.m. feedings. They get Derek and Micah done (our good eaters), and then someone keeps working on Andrew (who takes FOREVER to eat...it's been taking us almost an hour every time to feed him 2 - 3 ounces). While mom is feeding Andrew, Evan goes to get ready for work, and then Tyler wakes up so someone has to go down and get him. Then Tyler wants to be held, and his diaper is soaking wet, and he's hungry for breakfast. So we put Andrew down, and get Tyler situated for breakfast. Then back to feeding Andrew. Evan tries to leave for work about now. By the time Andrew is done, Tyler is screaming to get out of his chair, so he needs to be cleaned up. Then the babies all need their diapers changed. Tyler now wants someone to play with him, but the babies aren't calmed down yet, so we need to pay attention to them. This makes Tyler scream typically b/c he wants all the attention. Then we try to get Tyler dressed, which is a struggle b/c he hates getting dressed right now and kicks and screams (I'm making him sound like such a brat! He's really so sweet and hilarious right now, but he's just high maintenance, too!). Then I usually get out of bed, and take over baby duty, pump, try to eat something, and by then it's almost time for the 11 a.m. feeding. And we do it all over again. In between feedings we try to do the laundry and get it folded (I don't think there's been a minute since the babies came home that we haven't had a load in our washer and dryer), take out the dirty diapers (we always have a full pail), clean up the kitchen which is somehow ALWAYS a mess b/c we have a million bottles to wash at all times, and Tyler's high chair tray, and peas all over the floor, etc. Meanwhile we are running back and forth to the babies sticking pacifiers in their mouth, getting Tyler a snack out of the fridge, keeping him happy, etc. This is the busiest time of my life for SURE. I honestly wonder when I will ever be able to do this on my own. It's a little scary. I'm so thankful for the help we have...this would absolutely be impossible to do on our own.
Tyler has been keeping us so entertained through all of this, though! He jabbers constantly, and cracks us up all the time! The other day when I asked him what he wanted for dinner he told me he wanted syrup, ice cream with sprinkles, and cake (a boy after my own heart!). If a baby cries, he says, "just let him cry, mommy." He's the busiest little boy ever, and is constantly throwing something down the steps to the basement, playing cars (loudly) on the floor, taking all the diapers out of the changing table and putting them on the floor, washing his little toy puppies in the bathroom sink (giving them a bath), taking dishes out of the dish washer (regardless if they are clean or dirty), emptying a kitchen drawer, etc. :) One time I called Tyler my "sweetie pie" and he thought that was so funny, so now he calls everyone grandma pie, Micah pie, Andrew pie, and calls himself Tyler pie, etc. :)
Super Daddy....with Derek and Andrew...

Snugglign with Derek and Micah...

Evan with Andrew...he looks so tiny laying on him!

Micah and Andrew...
No comments:
Post a Comment