Thursday, October 6, 2011

Happy 30th Birthday, Evan!

Today is Evan's 30th birthday, and I need to just write a few words about what an amazing man he is. Even before we started dating, I knew he was Mr. Perfect, but every day since then, and especially over the last couple of months, he's proven that over and over. Evan has shown me what a true servant is, and has truly exemplified Ephesians 5:25: "Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her." Throughout these past few months, Evan has been 100% selfless. He thinks about Tyler and I above himself every day, and runs himself ragged doing it. He puts in long (sometimes stressful) days at work, gets Tyler from the babysitter, feeds both of us, chases Tyler all around outside, gives him a bath, tells me to sit down and put my feet up about 50 times a night, reads Tyler books and plays cars with him, races/wrestles/rough houses with him, puts Tyler to bed, and then encourages me and tells me how we're going to get through this all, and helps prop all my pillows up under me on the couch. He is so strong through all of this, and words really can't express how appreciative I am of him, or how much I love him. I always knew marriage would be great....but never thought it would be this fun, rewarding, fulfilling.... And now when we're going through these tough times, even the days when it's not so fun, he's still there for me. He pushes me around the block every night in my wheelchair just because he knows I need to get out of the house (Tyler sits on my lap that keeps getting smaller and tells us everything he sees...leaf, dog, camper, cucumbers??... and completely entertains us). We just always laugh when Evan is pushing me b/c we would've never imagined 6 1/2 years ago when we got married that we'd be in this situation. For better or for worse, huh?. We know God is leading us down this path for a reason, and we're praying he gives us a stronger faith and marriage through everything. Thanks for being the man of my dreams, Ev, and for being my partner through all of life....I love you more than words can say! Happy 30th!



No comments:

Post a Comment