Saturday, October 15, 2011

28 weeks -- a huge milestone

I was 28 weeks pregnant on Friday, and it's so great to get to this point! We had another ultrasound, and this time my mom came with us, which was really fun. I'm nervous going in to every ultrasound....nervous that I might be closer to labor, nervous about the babies, etc. This one was probably the best check up we've ever had, though. The babies are weighing 2 lbs 14 oz, 2 lbs 15 oz, and 3 lbs 3 oz! They're all measuring above the 70th percentile (for singleton babies), which the Dr. tell us is amazing for triplets. He said that we're past the really scary part of the pregnancy, and while we obviously want them to stay in as long as possible, he said if the babies would come tomorrow, they would do good. What an amazing thing to hear! He said there's not a much better report he could give for a triplet pregnancy. I asked him how long he'd let me go with the pregnancy, and he said 35 or 36 weeks max...so that's 7 - 8 weeks max before they make their arrival. I'm hoping to go that long, but expecting that it will come sooner. But wow....God is so amazing...

Here are our little boys...
Baby A:


Baby B:




Baby C:


He was moving his mouth open and closed...so cute!








Lately I've been feeling this overwhelming feeling of peace about the babies, which for me is out of character. My mom told me something once that stuck with me: If you are acting in a Godly way that is out of character for you, it's the Holy Spirit manifesting Himself in your life. If you feel peace when you're a worrier, if you feel love toward someone who isn't so lovable, if you feel joy during a hard time, etc. it's probably the Holy Spirit acting in your life. What an amazing thing to REALLY feel God....He has made Himself so much more real to me even since the beginning of the pregnancy.




I can also feel Satan trying to make me worry even more since I've had this peace....putting all these "what if" thoughts in my head. I know the last thing he wants is for me to trust, to have peace, etc. I can feel myself fighting him every day....and I'm trying to remember now that God is the source of my strength. I can't do and haven't done any of this on my own, that's for sure. A lesson I probably needed to learn.




Get ready....here are some pics of my belly. I'm huge. And this was last week....I'm growing by the day. Me and my little man. There's hardly any room for him to sit on my lap anymore. sometimes he pats my belly and says, "mommy huge." He must hear me say that a lot. At least he is honest. :) He's really in to playing with the tape measure right not. Sometimes he pulls it out, and I ask him how many inches mommy is and he says, "big."





Ohhh...Evan....I've never been so proud to say that I'm catching up to you in weight. :)






My amazing friend Shelly came all the way from Milwaukee last weekend to visit me. She has triplet daughters who just turned 4, and she is one of the most amazing moms I know. She made me sit on the couch all weekend, went through all our baby clothes, washed them all and hung them up in the nursery. She completely helped us get ready for these babies, and it was just so amazing to get to spend some time with her and hear her perspective on everything.




Also...how come no one has told me that my neck is gone?? I lost my neck!!!!!



Shelly completely spoiled us all when she came. She brought me gifts and Tyler a bunch of gifts, including an "I'm a Big Brother of Triplets" shirt, and a Milwaukee Brewers hat (he now says "Go Brew Crew!" every time Evan has a baseball game on).



My big boy....


4 comments:

  1. You don't even know how proud i am of you Heather! You are doing SO AMAZING ALREADY as a mom of FOUR and I LOVE seeing God work in and through you throughout this pregnancy. I love that He chose YOU for this and that you are pleasing Him so much. Keep up the great work girl! I LOVE you and all your boys!!! Many hugs and prayers from MKE :) Can't wait til the NEXT visit! AHHH!!!!!!
    Auntie Shell :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, you look GREAT! Especially since you have 9 pounds of baby in you! You are doing an amazing job, but you know that already! How awesome that your boys are all doing so well! Praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing an amazing job! What an awesome friend to have! God is truly blessing you and your family.

    ~Elizabeth Nebelsick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, you look fantastic!! I love reading your updates and am so impressed with how you are doing! What great news to hear from your doctor!! Those babies have one great Mom taking care of them! Keep up the great work and keep blogging!! :)

    ReplyDelete