Friday, October 21, 2011

My Clothes are Shrinking

29 weeks today! There are some things about this pregnancy that I wanted to make sure I wrote down. I don't really want to remember them, necessarily, but I do want to be able to tell my boys how much I went through for them when they are being naughty. :)

A few things that would be nice not to remember:





  • The extreme nausea the first 24+ (?) weeks

  • Sleeping in the recliner

  • Pacing in the living room around 20 weeks telling myself I cannot throw up again because I just took ALL of my pills/supplements again

  • Taking ALL of my pills (about 7/day)

  • backaches...especially as the pregnancy goes on longer. Sore knees, sore ankles. Everything is sore when you gain 50+ pounds.

  • Sleeping with 5 pillows behind my head/back and one body pillow

  • Getting up to pee about 5 times a night

  • Contractions....then worrying about having contractions....then drinking a ton of water and peeing to try to get the contractions to stop

  • Tyler putting his arms up and looking at me and saying, "Hold mommy, hold mommy" (which means, "Hold me mommy!!"). That's one of the hardest things!

  • Having to send Tyler to a babysitter every day and not having him around

  • Putting Tyler in a big boy room downstairs when he's 21 months old. He's too little to be so far from us at night!

  • Wearing a "Baby Hugger" harness thing to support my belly and back. It's ugly, and uncomfortable, and it's getting SO tight (along with the rest of my clothes!).

  • Hearing everyone say, "God never gives you more than you can handle." Really?

  • Having clothes that fit me last week, and this week they're way too short. How does that even happen?

  • Drinking Boost protein shakes every day

  • Constantly being hungry, and food not sounding good. The one time I have a chance to eat like a total pig in life, nothing sounds good. Ever.

  • Trying to take naps every day. Here's how that usually goes: Lay down on my right side, my right leg cramps. Try to flip to left side. That side gives me indigestion. Try my back. Now I can't breathe. Now I have to pee, so get off the couch. While I'm up I better get food because I'll be hungry again in about 10 min. Eat. Try to lay back down. Repeat.

  • Waking up in the morning and the first thought being how I can't wait for night time because it means I've made it through another day. I'm not bored/sad, but every day is just such an accomplishment!

  • Being HOT all the time. Like SO hot. Like open the windows when it's 40 degrees outside hot.

  • Having to go places in a wheelchair, and having people stare and give you courtesy smiles and "hi's" (like, "Oh you poor thing...you're enormous")

  • Getting out of breathe from adjusting my position on the couch

  • Not being able to cook, take care of Tyler or our house or my hubby. I've never realized what a blessing it is to be able to clean up your kitchen after dinner or pull the laundry out of the dryer. How amazing it will feel to have energy again!

  • Having to make a mental list of everything I need from downstairs and telling Evan when he gets home from work so he can walk down and get it all for me.

  • Going to the fridge about 7 or 8 times a day and thinking "What can I eat that has the most protein?"

  • Having to eat a full meal before going to bed, regardless if I'm hungry, b/c if I don't I'll be up in about 4 hours doing it then.

  • Gestational diabetes.

  • Going to the Dr. every 2 weeks for appointments that usually last about 3 hours each. Getting blood draws, shots frequently....lots of pokes and prodding.

  • Getting lightheaded from standing in the shower for 10 minutes. Never blow drying my hair, b/c it would make me pass out, I think!!

  • leg cramps from laying all the time

  • Indigestion



I know I sound really negative, and I'm not trying to, but I just want to remember some of these things that go along with a really crazy pregnancy! Imagine how amazing it is going to feel when I'm back to normal! Another triplet mom said when you deliver it feels like you lose about half of yourself. I believe it!

4 comments:

  1. I had to giggle at the 'Oh you poor thing, your enormous!' comment. Heather, you look amazing! I looked & felt enormous with ONE BABY in my belly and you have 3 little ones cookin away! AMAZING! Where's the updated belly picture!?

    P.S. Did you get that triplet mom breast pump figured out? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not negative - you are just honest. Praying for you especially right now.
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed out loud at your meals before bed and having a list of things for Evan to get from the basement! funny! By the way, I looked at the pics from the last post, and you are definitely pregnant, but not enormous! Only you could be preggers with triplets and still look so cute! --Kara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, congratulations! So when are you expecting? It's time to buy new clothes, then. There are lots of stylish maternity dress options for new moms in your favorite boutique. May you find the ones that you like.

    ReplyDelete