Friday, September 30, 2011

26 weeks!

We had our 26 week ultrasound today, and we feel so blessed again! We had another really good check up. I have contractions often, and some of them are strong, but the ultrasound showed that labor is still not progressing at all, so they're really happy about that. They said to just keep doing what I'm doing, so here I am back on the couch again. It's just encouraging to know that me NOT doing anything is helping the babies so much. All of the babies still look good, and they're getting so big! Baby A & B are both 2 lbs. 6 oz, and Baby C is 2 lbs. 5 oz. They're measuring in the 71st - 72nd percentile....which is so amazing! 28 weeks is the next big goal developmentally for the babies, so that's what we're hoping for next. 32 weeks is average for triplets, and 35-36 weeks is the longest they'd let me go. So 10 more weeks max yet. Sometimes that sounds like SO long to just sit here, and other times I can't believe we're on the countdown to the end.

We've been so overwhelmed lately by the help and support we've been given, and the prayers said on our behalf. We have people that we don't even know sometimes drop off meals, which is so helpful! It makes me wonder how I would act if I were not the pregnant one. Would I help as much as some of these others have? The meals have been great b/c I can't do anything anymore, it seems. I tried to make spaghetti the other night, and I had contractions the whole time, so Evan had to finish, and I went and laid back on the couch. Also, we have people drop off diapers once a week. It's amazing to see our pile get bigger and bigger in the closet! We've really learned about giving during this whole process. There's a couple in our church that has told me that they're coming over once a week to clean our house...they didn't even give us the option of saying no. It was exactly what we needed, b/c it's hard to call someone up and ask them to clean your toilets for you. Them just telling us they were coming was amazing. It's hard and humbling to be on the receiving end of charity, but it's been such a blessing, as well. I never want to forget the impact it's had on our lives. Sometimes it's hard for me to pray for our whole situation, b/c then my mind starts thinking about all of the "what if's". I'm reminded through God's community though that sometimes during hard times God uses other people to lift you up. And I truly believe He's doing that with us. We have people praying for us, providing meals and cleaning for us, visiting me, letting me come over and sit on their couch so I get a change of scenery, etc....I'm really realizing the impact of God's community, and I can't say thank you enough to everyone who has helped out!!!

Here are some ultrasound pictures from this morning.

Baby B:

Baby C...so sweet....these are about the clearest ones we've gotten of him! That's his foot straight up by his head!




Baby A was not cooperating. Here's his ear. :)


And here's a picture showing how close these babies are inside of me. You'll notice Baby C's feet are about right on Baby B's face! Evan and I said during the ultrasound that this is what our family pictures will be like from now on: someone will not cooperate, and we'll get only the side of their head, someone else's foot will be on someone else's head, etc. :) Complete chaos!!


We had a shower at church 2 weeks ago, and got 3 cribs, among many other things! Here is Evan setting up the cribs in the baby room. He also just painted the room light blue, so we're slowly getting ready! It's so crazy. I feel like I was just blogging about setting up Tyler's crib for him!


As you can see, Tyler is a big helper whenever you "build" anything.





This is how Tyler was "helping" last night: Wrestling Evan.....


Playing with Evan's his hair to try to get him to wrestle....


Jumping on top of him....he's such a rowdy little boy. :)



My little honey....showing you all his tongue.


Tyler says his name is "Tyder Amema", and he repeats everything we say right now. He's also very into telling us one word jokes. Like in the middle of the meal or prayer, he'll blurt out loudly "SOCCER BALL!" or "CHICKEN!!" or something else really random. Then we all laugh and he keeps doing it. He's such a little character!




Here's my huge baby belly just after 24 weeks....I've grown since then, too!! Where are these babies going to go??????









3 comments:

  1. you look AMAZING! We continue to pray for you. Let us know if there is anything else we can do. We will pray that you for sure make it to christy's wedding.
    love,
    Ryan & DeAnna 'Amema' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WOW WOW. Got your reply email---well, no wonder I didn't get an immediate reply.

    Isn't a loving community awesome? The love you're feeling from them isn't surprising, and I'm sure it just loads you up with what you'll do down the road with someone else.

    I thought the two-boys-club was pretty cool, but the four-boys-club is even more special. And, it appears that they have a pretty great big brother. He'll need to be large and in charge for them.

    So, I'll be following along from here on in. My prayers for you will be regular but He has it already figured out. What a curveball.

    ReplyDelete
  3. heather! you are beautiful :) praying for you and all your boys!!

    ReplyDelete