Thursday, September 10, 2015

A few last summer pics....

I realized this week that there were some pictures from summer on another camera that I use sometimes, which I forgot about.  There are some great memories, so I wanted to document them!  :)  I do this blog for my boys, mostly....so they can look back and see how much fun they had (and how much trouble they caused their mama!!), and for me to remember everything through this whirlwind of a life we're living right now.  

Here are the boys at my parents house with Grandpa Ken in late May.  They are digging for worms.  This was a process....they dug up about 7 different spots trying to spot worms.  


Derek will pick up any bug or gross thing.  He chases spiders, kills flies with his hands, tries to catch crickets, etc.  Anything I would want to stay away from, he tries to touch.  He's also the animal lover of the group.  He notices birds, sees every animal as we're driving, and seems to have a real love for nature.  I love how he notices the details in creation.

Cutie Tyler and Grandma's dog, Spike.


There is this great park a few blocks from my parents house that has a fishing pond for kids.  The boys love it!  This night we were trying to catch fish with worms, but we weren't having any luck, so we learned from some bigger boys there that you need to use hot dogs to catch lots of fish.  It worked great!

Grandma Nancy and Tyler.  Sweet.....


And in the middle of June, all of Evan's siblings came home to his parents farm to celebrate their 40th anniversary!  Here are all my boys with grandpa and grandma and "baby" Georgia (their little cousin, and the ONLY girl cousin on either side!).  Every time we see little girls, we have to explain, "Now boys.  This is a GIRL.  Do girls like to play rough?"  NO.  "Do girls like to wrestle?"  NO.  "Do girls like to get dirt thrown on them?"  NO.   We talk lots about becoming gentlemen, and what that means, but first we need to get the basics down.  :)
Micah, Tyler, Georgia, Derek, Andrew, G & G


The boys always are SO exhausted when we go to the farm.  They are so busy!  Grandpa Marv and Tyler taking a snooze...

The following week, we went to the strawberry patch close to Evan's parents house.   Evan worked there when he was younger, so it was fun for all of us to see that!  Here are the boys riding on the gator to get out to the fields where you pick.


Picking strawberries with grandma Carol.



Tyler, Micah, Andrew, Derek...  They loved the "tree tunnel."  So beautiful!



D, T, M, A

They had a petting farm, too, which was so much fun.  Tyler, Derek, Micah, Grandma!, Andrew




Micah loved the little black pig....


Seriously.  I want one of these miniature horses.  I'm just afraid I can't keep one more living thing alive in my life.  :)


Checking out grandma's amazing garden...


No comments:

Post a Comment