The boys had a really great summer!
We ran through the neighbor's sprinklers whenever they went off (usually in our clothes)....
Andrew, Tyler, Micah...
We spent lots of time in our backyard going down the slide into our inflatable pool. There's no way I can bring these guys to the pool by myself, so we make due in the backyard. It's probably easier anyway, and they think it's a blast! Whenever we go to a public pool, they all have to go to the bathroom about 15 times each because they drink so much pool water. Gross.
Micah man....still the wildest one of them all. He has no fear, and will try anything... And he's usually pretty hilarious when he's doing it. The boys laugh at him doing crazy stuff all day long.
We still like to wrestle. All. The. Time. Like, it never gets old. I have finally stopped trying to break them up because Evan (and all my parenting books) told me sometimes boys just need to wrestle (maybe like how girls just need to cry sometimes?). So now I just tell them when I can see a wrestling match coming on, "You are going to get hurt if you play rough." Then I feel better knowing I warned them. They hurt each other, cry for awhile, then go right back at it. Rough little men!
Micah and Derek.....
Micah...
Andrew....
Andrew mowing the grass with daddy. He will usually mow the whole yard with us. He loves it! When I tell him I need to mow, he'll get his shoes on, go in the garage, get the mower out for me, and remind me to check the gas (because I always forget). ha! It's the cutest thing!
Micah and Andrew....these guys can be such little best friends.
All four of my little men....
We also go down the slide on our mowers sometimes (that's normal and safe, right?!).
M, D, A
Cutest biker gang EVER! Derek, Andrew, Micah
D, M, A
I taught them to sled down the steps on slippery blankets. Evan says I may end up regretting I taught them this, but just listen to those giggles! Derek & Micah...
We did lots of exploring fun parks and places this summer. They love nothing more than to go out to a forested place and hike on trails or "go exploring." Often times when they're hiking someone will start singing "Everywhere we go...people want to know....who we are...so we tell them.....we are the Anema's....mighty mighty Anema's....." so funny!
And this is what it looks like to take the WHOLE family to the grocery store. OH. MY. We'll just say most of the employees at our HyVee store know who we are.
Over Labor Day weekend we went to see my amazing friend and fellow triplet mama Shelly and her hubby Ryan, and her 7 year old triplet girls, and her new baby girl at their lake home in Wisconsin. The boys were counting down the days until vacation and thought it was so fun. On the way, however, they kept saying "Vacation is a lot further away than I thought...."
Happy Meals!
We turned a 6 hour drive into an 8 hour drive with all of our stops. We stopped at a park to let the boys run around for awhile....
They LOVED the lake! Here they are with baby Kacie. They could not get enough of her!!! I'd like to set up all four of Shelly's girls to marry all four of my boys.
The boys' first real campfire and smores!
Our whole crew. Tyler, Micah, Hailey, Emily, Andrew, Derek, Addison, Kacie. Those little girls are the sweetest things ever. I would do anything to have them live in our backyard. The boys loved playing with them for the whole weekend!
We did everything there: swam, tubed, kayaked, paddleboated, paddleboarded, and of course no trip is complete without riding the huge hot dog. :) T, M, D, A
Sand can keep these guys occupied for hours....Micah and Derek
Hailey and Derek....
The boys tried tubing! Derek and Micah loved it the most....
Andrew and daddy trying the tube....
And the day after we got back, it was time for Tyler to start Kindergarten! I can't believe he's this big already. I am just so proud of him for how well he did going to his first day. He was excited, had no tears, and gave me and all of his brothers a big hug good bye.
He was so proud to show his little brothers his desk and where he would be. They think Tyler is AWESOME, and super big. I love how they look up to him.
And the very next day, these little men started their first day of preschool! They will go three mornings a week for 2.5 hours. M & D were really excited to go. Andrew usually has a little harder time (he's more like Tyler that way), so I wasn't shocked when he cried a little. We agreed that I would be gone "only about 5 minutes" and then he was totally fine with me leaving and staying away. They have each other, which is so fun anytime you do something for the first time. So proud of these little cuties. I can't believe they're all looking so big (and tough in this pic)!
Finding their names outside of their classrooms.
Micah...
Derek...
Andrew...
No comments:
Post a Comment