These boys are having such a fun summer! I think often about how they will look back on this all and think about how much fun it is to have a play date of every second of every day. They pair off into two's every once in awhile, and it's not usually the same two together. The boys' personalities are showing more and more, and becoming so distinct. Tyler is thoughtful, sweet, cautious, and pretty annoyed lately when his brothers try to wreck stuff. Andrew is sweet, obedient, a snuggler, and the life of the party after 8 p.m. Derek is a big teddy bear. He doesn't even realize his own strength and is built like a little body builder, but he has the sweetest most caring heart. He's funny and loud. Micah is funny, wild, the instigator, independent, and an arguer. He argues with me about every thing. We were in the grocery store the other day, and we had a long discussion about why I chose the salad dressing with the blue label instead of the green one, which is the one he really wanted. Today I asked him, "Micah, do you have to argue about everything?" To which he replied, "I don't argue about everything." :)
If you ask Andrew, he'll tell you that "Micah and Tyler are the naughty ones, Derek is the wild one, and I am the good one." ha!
Here's where we eat most of our meals:
The boys working quietly on art by the table. This happens at our house. Micah, Andrew, Derek
Superhero team! I love little boys! These little superhero's want to protect me from bad guys and dragons all day long. And they love nothing more than when I chase them and pretend to be a dragon. The wilder the better. M, D, T, A
Reading with Grandma Nancy....so sweet!
Any time there is a truck doing something, we are all watching. We got our driveway cement raised up, so that was the entertainment on this day. Yesterday our neighbor got a tree removed. Seriously, could there BE anything more exciting than big trucks and worker guys doing stuff? I think definitely no.
Tyler found two four leaf clovers....he was so amazed! :)
Tyler played tee ball this year. So cute, and so hilarious. Evan was the coach of these little 5 year olds, and it was a challenge just getting them to stop throwing dirt long enough to watch out for the ball. Here's Tyler running from 3rd to home, waving and skipping the whole way. He was pretty proud to have his daddy as the coach.
And here's what the brothers did....there was a huge dirt pile next to the ball fields. It kept them entertained for an hour twice a week for the whole season!
Derek giving Grandpa Ken a big kiss....
Cutest little tee baller ever!
Here is what we do on every hot day....these boys go down the slide about 100 times every day! They love it!
And we do a little baking. You can imagine how totally under control and neat of a process this is with these four little men. D, M, A, T sampling some frosting.
And we eat snacks outside....A and D
Cute little Andrew with his precious puppy.
This is just exactly what your summer should be like when you're three, isn't it? M, D, A
This is the little pool that they call the "hot tub" b/c it warms up so fast. Wow....I love these little guys! M, T, A, D. They are so challenging, so naughty sometimes, and they push every limit; and they are so rewarding, so sweet, and loving, and hilarious. I'm incredibly thankful that I get to be home every day experiencing all of their moments.
No comments:
Post a Comment