Monday, June 29, 2015

Peeing in Public

You might be asking yourself, "Does this subject warrant it's own post?"  Yes, in our world, yes it does.  There are a lot of things to say about this.  So last summer we were in the thick of potty training, and on occasion, we would let the boys go potty outside while they were learning.  Then we went through a long winter where many things from last summer were forgotten, except for the super fun ability to easily pee outside.  This summer, we have been trying to reign it in, and we have a strict no peeing outside rule at our house.  But then on grandpa's farm and other obscure places, sometimes they have no choice.  So we are confusing the poor little boys.  Let me give you some examples of how this confusion has played out recently:

  • Tyler is playing tee ball this year in Harrisburg, and at one of his games, in front of the entire audience of parents and grandparents and other civilized people, Andrew decided he needed to go potty, so he just pulled his pants down and started going.  RIGHT. IN. FRONT. OF. EVERYONE.  The worst part is, I didn't see it right away, until I heard a mom next to me kind of gasp and say "Oh!"  Whenever I hear something like that, I know one of my boys has done something indecent.
  • We took swimming lessons throughout the spring, and when the lesson was done, the boys would usually play in the little kid section of the pool, which has little bubblers and water sprayers shooting up out of the water.  The water shoots out of the sprayers at a height that's about right at the boys' waists.  You see where this is going.  I'm not sure if Derek was going to try to pee in the fountain thing, or what was happening exactly, but I do know that I was talking to the lifeguard (who thankfully has a great sense of humor), and she suddenly covered her mouth and started laughing.  I turned around and Derek had completely dropped his swimming suit in the pool.  Completely. Exposed. 
  • And today.  We were at a popular park where lots of moms and kids were, and suddenly the friend I'm talking to starts pointing and says, "I think Micah has to go to the bathroom."  Sure enough....Right in the middle of the playground.  There he goes.  
This is just a small snapshot of some things we're working on at our house.  I can never say that my life isn't entertaining, that's for sure!  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment