Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday Andrew, Derek & Micah!

I am sitting here today feeling so blessed.  My life is so full of amazing things.  The most amazing, involved, perfect husband.  A precious little almost 3 year old who jabbers non stop about hilarious things, gives me kisses, and tells me I'm pretty (even with my hair in a pony tail).  The three sweetest, most curious, fun loving baby triplet boys in the world.  Parents who have given more time, support and love to me and my family than I ever imagined possible.  A community full of pure hearted, loving people who have been there over and over for us this past year and a half especially.

The babies turned one last Monday, and we've been celebrating with family and friends since the weekend before.  This past weekend we had a birthday party at our house with our families and all of the volunteers and neighbors who helped us throughout the pregnancy and the last year.  And we had a house full!  There were neighbors there who had come over last minute at midnight when Evan and I both were stuck in bed with the flu only days after Micah and Derek were home from the NICU.  There was the couple who cleaned our house for us every week while I was pregnant and couldn't do it.  There were ladies who have given 4 or more hours every week to help me fold laundry and wash bottles and clean up spit up and dirty diapers.  There was a college student who sat at our house so many nights and took the overnight shift for us so we could sleep.  There were our moms who have spent countless days and nights at our house cooking and cleaning and watching kids...honestly doing everything for us.  I could keep going...but the point is that in a situation that was so scary to face, with circumstances that we had no control over, and a future that we had no clue how we would ever get through....God provided for us above what we could have ever asked for through His people.  We needed lots of help, and He gave us that.  We are so thankful for everyone who has given us time and prayers and support through this first year.  We honestly could not have done it without everyone.  Especially our parents.  I hope we can be as generous some day.

As I think back on the year it seems sort of like a cloudy sleepless fog.  To be honest, I'm glad I've been blogging so I can remember it.  There have been so many ups and downs and so many emotions involved with everything.  It's been complete chaos at times (most times), yes.  It's been stressful.  We've been so tired for a year straight now.  But through it all, we can see God working in so many awesome ways.  These babies have definitely changed both Evan and I.  For me, the verse (Prov. 16:9 NLT) "We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps" rings so true.  I don't think I even realized how tight of a grip I had on my own life...how I wanted my future to look.  I am realizing every day that I need to die to myself and live for Him.  Over and over and over.  Lots of faith lessons through all of this and we continue to learn humility, selflessness, thankfulness and perseverance every day.  We continue to strive to understand how truly amazing and perfect His love is for us.

Here are a couple recent pictures.  This is what happens when you put four boys into a ball pit together.  Complete chaos (and lots of fun!)! 
 This is what the babies do when Tyler goes downstairs.  They always want to be where he is! So cute. 
 Andrew...all ready for his 1st Birthday party!


Micah and mommy having a moment...  :)
 The boys loved their balloons!
 Tyler eating only the frosting off of his cupcake.  I've taught him well!
 Grandma Carol walking with Derek!
 Micah, me, and our fabulous babysitter/volunteer/go to girl, Erica.  :)
 Neighbor Cara holding little Micah...
 Micah showing off his walking skills!  He walks everywhere now! 
 Andrew, Micah, Derek opening gifts...Cutest 1 year olds EVER! 
 Andrew...
 Derek, Andrew, Micah eating their birthday cupcakes!  They LOVED them!
 Micah...
 Andrew....really cautious at first, but then he dug in!

 Derek....is it really a surprise that he was by far the messiest one?  He attacked his cupcake!  Ha!

 Andrew....
 Micah -- also a HUGE mess!
 Derek...wearing most of his cupcake!
 They got stuck straight into the tub mid party.  :)

 Andrew...

No comments:

Post a Comment