We shipped Derek off to Grandma Carol’s house for a couple of days. He kept us up for almost a whole night earlier this week, and Evan’s mom offered to take him home. First I said “no way.” I didn’t want to split up the babies, I like having everyone all under the same roof, and I just didn’t want to do it. Then Derek kept us up for a 2nd night. When Carol asked again, I said, “please take him.” J I think he’s teething again (or really...let’s face it...we have NO idea why the kid doesn’t sleep), but whatever it is, he is awake All. The. Time. He’s like Tyler was as a baby times ten.
There are so many things I love about Derek’s personality (his insistence on keeping the whole house awake many nights is not one of them). My friend Janna told me once that one of her boys was her 100% child, and I think of that so often. That’s Derek. He’s either 100% excited and happy, or he’s 100% mad, or he’s 100% sad. He’s never half way. When he screams from the other room I never know if his brother has just bitten him or something really traumatic has happened, or if someone just took the toy that he wanted. The cries all sound the same. I used to run fast to get to him if I didn’t know what the cry was for, but after about the tenth time of him getting SO mad when Micah tried to take his rattle or Andrew tried to give him a hug, I started walking a little slower. J Derek is going to do life well, I think. 100% at whatever he does, and you’re never going to have to guess how he feels about it. Why live life half way, right? He’s passionate, funny, so alive, and dramatic. I love it. Now I just wish he would stay sleeping 100% of the nights. J
As much as I love my sleep, though, I can't wait for this little guy to get back home. Life is not quite as exciting without him here....
As much as I love my sleep, though, I can't wait for this little guy to get back home. Life is not quite as exciting without him here....
No comments:
Post a Comment