Tuesday, July 31, 2012

8 Months Old!

Our babies were 8 months old this week!  I can't believe how fast this is going.  Before we know it, we're going to be celebrating their first birthday!  It's been an eventful week....Derek is crawling.  Like flying.  He gets faster every day, and loves following Tyler around.  Derek is not only crawling, but he is starting to pull himself up to standing.  Today I walked into the living room, and he was standing up next to a bumbo seat.  Tonight he was getting up on his feet and straightening his legs with his hands on the floor right in the middle of the room.  Unreal!  He is so strong!  Micah wants to crawl, but instead he just rolls everywhere....all over the living room.  Andrew is a roller, too.  Both of them can get up on their knees, but they just don't go anywhere yet.  I'm actually thankful for that! 

Other big news in our house this week:  Tyler is almost potty trained!  We've been slowly working on it, but got really consistent this past week, and it just seemed to click the last couple of days.  What if we would only have THREE kids in diapers?!?!  :)

Tyler is really liking the babies lately.  He asks a lot for "the whole family" to come downstairs.  He also likes to make the babies laugh, and there is nothing they laugh at harder at than him.  Here is our big boy feeding Micah.  He really wanted to help that night. 
Our little Micah...

Little Andrew...

My little men...Derek, Andrew, Micah all playing together.  My mom said something so sweet last time she was here.  She told me now she sometimes feels sorry for babies that aren't triplets, because these guys already have so much fun with each other and already love each other so much.  I had never really thought about it like that before.  I usually think about what they are missing out on b/c they are triplets (individual time with me and Evan mostly), but they really are so blessed to be one of three, too.
Here is how we buy baby food.  My mom saw this and thought I bought a ton, but really this won't last us that long.  I usually buy 3 2-packs of each vege and fruit baby food that the store has.  It's not weird for me to buy them out.  For formula, I usually buy about 6-8 of these huge cans at a time, and that lasts us a couple of weeks hopefully.

Our silverware drawer.  My mom took this picture.  I guess it is kind of funny!  This is just our normal life, so I don't think anything of it!

Sweet Derek...he has two bottom teeth, one top tooth, and he's working on more (which makes the nights not so much fun, to say the least).

Hanging out in their crib...they love this!  Micah, Andrew, Derek.
Who needs toys when you have a whole bucket full of pacifiers?!
Derek getting into everything!
Mom told me before I took this picture that she "hadn't done her hair yet today."  That's funny!  I haven't done my hair yet this year.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Heather! Want to let you know I am a regular reader of your blog. Your mom is right, your boys will have a wonderful family relationship growing up. And don't worry about individual time with each, they are thriving on the love and care you and Evan give them!

    BTW if you are wondering who watches your blog from Alton, Iowa..it's us Barb and Jim Schaap.
    We are retired as of this summer, sold our house, and are renting an acreage near Alton, because we can't decide what we want to do next. Very mature and grown up of us, huh? Jim will speak at Dakota Chr High's inservice in a couple weeks, I will go along. So fun to visit New Holland/Platte.

    Good wishes to you you and Evan and your 4 little men. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this was a walk down memory lane for me! It was great to see you guys a couple weeks ago. You are both such great parents. Blessings to your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete