Thursday, July 19, 2012

Sleepless in Sioux Falls



The nights have been a little rough over here lately.  It seems like one of the babies is always teething. Also, last week all four boys got runny noses and really congested, so no one was sleeping good.  We were back to the days of getting up about 5 or 6 times a night.  SO EXHAUSTING!  Evan and I are still taking every other night, but even when it's your night off you hear the babies.

Now for the exciting news....I am done nursing!  Aren't you all excited?!  :)  I am so relieved to finally be done, and now that I'm not doing it, I wonder how I ever found the time to do it before.  The babies will be 8 months next week!  I can't even believe it!  They are suddenly all getting more mobile.   They all fly around the tile floor in their walker.  Micah and Andrew can only go backwards yet, but Derek goes both ways.  :)  So funny to see those little legs go! 

Derek is crawling, and gets all over the place.  He is loving it, too!  He has a huge smile on his face while he's crawling, and his favorite thing to do is follow his big brother Tyler around.  He LOVES Tyler, and wants to be by him all the time.  Derek is also going to be walking before we know it, I think.  The other night he went over to Tyler's little chair, and pulled himself up to standing/leaning on it.  We couldn't believe it!  Andrew and Micah kind of roll wherever they want to go.  We are starting to get gates up all over the place.  Let the next chaotic stage begin!!

Andrew and Derek hanging out...

Derek, Micah, Andrew.  Life is good when you can sit up and look at something besides the ceiling!
Sweet little Andrew.  His hair is getting so whispy and blonde.  I love it! 
I love this one.  Derek gazing at his big brother....

Here's Derek cruising around in his walker.  He likes to look out the windows.
Another cute one of Andrew...he was so photogenic this week!
 All three boys in a crib.  They thought this was so much fun!  You can see Micah and Andrew chomping on their hands trying to make their teeth feel better.  Derek, Micah, Andrew.

Andrew, Derek, Micah...
Andrew: "Derek...you have a little something right here on your ear."

Andrew:  "I'll try sucking it off." 
Micah:  "I'll keep him steady."

Andrew:  "Buddy, I didn't get it.  Sorry."
 Micah: "Maybe I'll just try getting it from this side."

Andrew:  "Nope.  Not working.  I'll try again."
Micah:  "I can't watch this."
"Maybe if we both try, it will work."


Guilty faces.  "Did we do something wrong, mom?"
Poor Derek. Everyone wants to suck on his bald head.  :)

Ha ha!  These boys are cracking me up constantly lately!   It is going to be such a circus at our house as they keep interacting more!

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha! You're killin me! I LOVE your commentaries on the boys' pictures, Heather! Too funny! :) Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete