Thursday, August 9, 2012

Schedules...

I hardly dare to say it, but we might be getting the babies on more of a napping schedule.  The last couple of days, I've been getting them all down at the same time, and they sleep for 1-2 hours in the morning, and 1-2 hours in the afternoon.  If they would keep this up, the days would be so much better!  It would give Tyler and I some time to play, and just give me a little break!  I've been having the babies more and more on my own, which feels so great as a mom.  Sometimes it seems like Tyler is even better behaved when it is just us.  I still have a couple amazing ladies who come in and volunteer on a couple of the days I don't work.  It's so great to have them...sometimes I can get a little nap in or get some errands run.  I'm SO thankful that they are willing to give me a big chunk of their day every week! 

The nights are not great lately.  Andrew is getting his first tooth in, and its not a fun experience for him.  He's fussier during the day, and wakes up a lot at night.  Derek is getting his fourth tooth in at the same time, so he's up a lot, too.  A good night for us is only getting up twice or so, and then feeding at 6 a.m.  A bad night for us can range anywhere from getting up 3 - 4 times to seeing every hour on the clock.  Those nights are so miserable, but some how you just keep plugging through it the next day.  It's amazing how you can function on such little sleep.  Evan and I both drink a lot of coffee.  I really had hoped the babes would be sleeping consistently through the night by now, but they are over 8 mo. old now, and we have not slept all the way through one night since they've been home.  Brutal.  Good thing they're so stinkin cute....even in the middle of the night!  :)   

I put all three of them in the tub together.  I had help here, or otherwise I wouldn't have dared to.  It was kind of chaos.  Micah reaches for a toy, then starts to tip over.  Derek splashes everyone, and Andrew tries to suck on his brothers' heads.  So hilarious!  And seriously...what's cuter than 3 naked babies in a tub?
Derek, Micah, Andrew


I moved the kitchen table out of the way, so all the boys could have walker races in our kitchen.  Tyler thinks it's great!  This is also where we have our dance parties.  They're not going to learn to dance from their dad, so I've got to teach them!  :) 

 They love their sippy cups!  They don't really drink the water, they mostly chew on the top.  Derek, Andrew, Micah
 My little stud muffins....Micah, Andrew, Derek
 Derek...
 Derek wants to be everywhere Tyler is and do everything he does.  Here is Tyler "sitting" on Derek's lap the other day.  They were both laughing like crazy.  Tyler actually begged me to keep a baby downstairs by him when we were playing the other day.  He used to scream when I'd take one down there.  He's getting more attached!


 Derek...
I walked into the living room the other day, and all the babies were sitting in a line like this...
D, M, A
 A, M, D
 Our neighbors have a little foster boy they are taking care of for awhile.  He's a month older than our boys, and they love him!  He's such a little cutie! 
 They are obsessed with his hair (and I have to admit...I don't blame them...it's SO cute, and fun to feel!).  :)   Here's Andrew just giving it a little rub. 
 Sweet little Andrew...

When the babies are crabby, I throw a load of laundry in the dryer and let them watch.  That is some great entertainment!

2 comments:

  1. i love the laundry!!! the things a mother will come up with to make it through the day!! Vacuuming is my go to idea! everyone is happy when the vacuum gets turned on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the update! That picture of Andrew sleeping with his thumb in his mouth is so precious! I don't think there is anything cuter than a baby sucking a finger and soothing themselves! And the laundry & kitchen pics crack me up!

    ReplyDelete