We did it! We left the house with all four kids, and we survived (barely). This past weekend, we made our first road trip back to my parents in Platte, which is two hours away. I think I spent most of the day packing on Friday, and after we had half of our house packed up in the van, we were off! The babies did really good in the car...slept almost the whole way!
Here they are....all excited to go! Derek, Micah, Andrew
My mom's sweet friend threw us a baby shower. A bunch of ladies from our church and community came to meet the babies. It was so fun to get to show them off finally!! Here's our cute cake!
Oohing and ahhing over the babes...
Here's my sweet grandma Lieuwen snuggling Andrew. I feel so blessed that my grandma's can be a part of my boys' lives!
We tried doing rice cereal with Derek b/c he was acting SO hungry during the night. But...then we quit about 3 days later when it wasn't helping him sleep longer at night. It was a total mess, and we figured why start before we have to? :)
Here he is....ready to chow!
And one night when Evan and Tyler were playing outside, I needed to feed Derek, and his brothers wanted to watch. So Micah sat on the table, and Andrew played in his exersaucer, and we all talked while Derek ate. Everything is an adventure at our house!
Big boy Tyler in his superhero costume!! He is so strong!The babies are getting so strong on their legs. Here is little man Derek standing up on the counter...Derek is turning over from his back to his tummy, and now he's also starting to pull his legs up underneath him. He'll be our first crawler, I bet. Andrew flips from tummy to back, and Micah just kind of rolls on his side. Totally fits his laid back "I could care less if I'm on my tummy or back" little attitude. :)
Happy Birthday to my mom and dad last week! We got my mom this pink cake for her birthday, and Tyler LOVED licking the frosting off. He pretty much loves everything grandma "Ninny" does. So cute.
This is Tyler's favorite thing to do right now -- sit on the mower, ride on the mower, look at the mower. We just can't get enough of the MOWER!! He's all boy, that's for sure.
Riding his trike outside. All of a sudden he is getting so grown up...I hate it and love it all at the same time!
Go Marquette (Evan's alma mater)! Here are the babies sporting their Marquette gear that Shelly brought them. So stinking cute!!
Funny guy Derek...
Our sweet, social little Andrew...
Our laid back, totally sweet little Micah...my cup is overflowing these days...
Daddy doing double duty with two crabby babies. Butt to butt, and lots of bouncing. :)
Just chatting and playing footsie...
I hate this picture of me, but I just have to show what I do every night with the babies. I lay them all three out on the floor, and then I put a pony tail on the very top of my head so it bounces around a lot, and they think it's HILARIOUS! There is nothing better than hearing all three of your babies giggles at the same time! It's one of my favorite parts of the day. That and when Tyler takes a bath if I have a helper here. I let him play as long as he wants, and I drink a cup of coffee while I sit and watch him play. It's one of the sane moments. :)
How sweet is this? Micah and Andrew...
Micah putting himself to sleep...
I love this one! Evan and Tyler mowing the lawn....I have so many amazing boys in my life!
No comments:
Post a Comment