Monday, May 14, 2012

Amazing Grace

Our baby boys, Andrew Lee, Derek Matthew, and Micah James were baptized yesterday.  What an amazing day to be able to stand in front of our friends, family and church family and watch our pastor welcome our babies into God's love.  These little boys are truly God's miracles, and we've seen God's grace touch our and their lives in countless ways from the time they were just a dot on the ultrasound.

Here we are with Pastor Cal...you'll notice you can't see Tyler.  It's because he was first walking in circles around my legs, then it turned into running in circles around Evan and my legs, and then galloping all around on the stage.  This was not a dull baptism.  :) 

 Here he goes....
Baptizing Andrew Lee...
 Derek Matthew...
Micah James...

 DeAnna Anema made our baptism cake...how beautiful is this?!  She's amazing....I'm glad there are leftovers!!  :)

 We had a little lunch celebration afterwards with family and some friends.  Here are my two grandma's feeding babies.  So happy my grandma's and Evan's grandma could come!!
Our family....we are so so blessed. 
Micah, Tyler, Derek, Andrew
Micah, Derek, Andrew, Tyler
 Here we are with all of our grandma's!
Tyler, Grandma Bernice Van Maanen (Evan's mom's mom), Micah, Heather, Derek, Evan, Andrew, Grandma Darlene Van Zee (Heather's dad's mom), and Grandma Mae Lieuwen (Heather's mom's mom).
 Evan's parents, Marv and Carol on the right...

Sweet Derek...
The boys are so cute in their little white hats!  Erica (left) is our amazing volunteer and babysitter.  The boys all LOVE her.  Tyler begs her not to leave when she goes.  She's holding Micah.  My aunt Brenda is in the middle holding Derek.  She's been so good to us and has brought us meals and helped with the boys a lot, too, and my mom is holding Derek on the right. 
Here we are in church before everything started.  None of the babies or Tyler had to go out.  That was a miracle in itself.  :)  Thank goodness for fruit snacks!
Tyler is starting to take more interest in the babies lately.  Or at least he did one day  Here he is talking to Micah.  I think he was trying to act like I do.  He would go by Micah and say, "Don't cry, Micah, I'm right here.  I'm right by you."  And then Derek would cry in the jumperoo, and he'd run over there and say, "It's okay, Derek, I'm just talking to Micah" or "mommy is right there," etc.  He was so cute.  Then I caught him in the living room by himself with the babies saying, "I love you guys, I love you guys..."  SO sweet!  Makes a mom's heart melt...
 Micah, Tyler, Andrew.  Andrew has his head cranked backwards so he can see Tyler.  They LOVE watching their big brother. 
 Andrew and Derek having a chat.  They're definitely getting more interactive with each other, too...they grab each others arms and legs, and I caught Derek sucking on Andrew's hand yesterday.  Andrew tries to hold everyone else's hands when he lays by them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment