We did it. We left the house with ALL FOUR kids last night. Yes, it was only a walk around the block, but it felt like an enormous accomplishment! It was a warm night, so we loaded up the babies in the triplet stroller and pushed Tyler in his single stroller, and off we went. We were too wide of a load to walk side by side, so I walked ahead with Tyler, and Evan walked behind with the babies, and Evan and I yelled the whole time so we could hear each other. It was a nice, relaxing conversation. :) People stared, waved, stared some more ("who are those poor people with ALL those kids??!), and all the neighbors came over to meet the babies. How fun it is to be able to show them off! We are still being careful within reason with little kids and germs, but we're able to let our guard down now a little. The babies loved being outside! They stared wide eyed at the trees, grass, etc. and lost their breath a few times when a gust of wind came up. There is life outside of our living room!! Tyler giggled most of the walk....
Here we are...our big, happy family.
(back of stroller to front: Micah, Derek, Andrew)
(back of stroller to front: Micah, Derek, Andrew)

The babies are getting so big!! I can hardly walk around with two of them at the same time anymore...especially going up and down the steps. Andrew and Micah are both starting to suck their thumbs which is the most precious thing ever. They're getting really good at learning to pacify themselves, which I guess as a triplet they just have to do! They're also all getting really good with grabbing on to toys...Andrew especially.
Andrew...playing with his toys and sucking that thumb....

Micah sucking his thumb. He usually holds his thumb sucking hand up with his other hand. He loves his thumb so much that if we don't watch him closely while he's eating, he'll stick it in his mouth while he's drinking his bottle. Cute little stinker.
Tyler got this chair for Easter, and loves it....He likes to take his snacks outside now, and put his feet up on the railing so he can "just relax."
How cute are they?! Andrew, Micah, Derek
I couldn't decide which one was cuter!
I caught Tyler standing on my trunk in the living room with a bucket on his head, and I think he was "measuring" something with that toy. He usually says everything is "about 46 inches."
Babes...Andrew (front), Micah, Derek
Andrew...
My dad doing triple duty! He's amazing with the babies. He feeds, changes diapers, takes the night shift when he comes over....amazing! :)
Tyler picked out corn on the cob at the grocery store, and begged for it every time he saw it in the fridge until I made it. He LOVES it. He ate more of it than Evan or I did.
Grandma Carol (Ev's mom) reading books to ALL of the boys. How precious is that?! Derek, Micah, Andrew, Tyler.
Micah sucking his thumb. He usually holds his thumb sucking hand up with his other hand. He loves his thumb so much that if we don't watch him closely while he's eating, he'll stick it in his mouth while he's drinking his bottle. Cute little stinker.
My four boys out on the patio. I've taken them out there a few times on warm days. We have a covered deck in the back which is pretty sheltered, which has been amazing. I put up a gate so Tyler can't get out, and let him play with his sand table back out there. And if the babies are fussy, they usually quiet right down when they get outside.
My little loves: Tyler, Andrew, Derek, and Micah. You know how Derek is usually the one trying to eat his brothers or hitting them or something? Well, while I was taking these pictures, Andrew was grabbing on to Derek's ear, and touching his head, and trying to grab his hand. It was good to see him pick on Big D for once. :)
My naked babes...getting so big! Derek, Micah, Andrew
How cute are they?! Andrew, Micah, Derek
I couldn't decide which one was cuter!
Derek has been rolling over for about a month now, and does it almost the second you put him on his back. He's so strong...he holds his head up really well on his tummy, and always wants to be on his feet. I bet he'll be our first walker. I think Andrew will be next to roll over....he's getting close. The babies are just adorable right now....they coo constantly, and even in the middle of the night they smile and want to talk...especially Micah and Andrew. Derek usually screams until he gets food, and then zonks out immediately....true Derek style. We are down to 5 feedings a day. Evan figured out that when they got home from the hospital we were feeding them about 12 hours a day b/c we fed about 8 times a day and they took so much longer to eat. 12 HOURS!!!!! Now we're down to about 5 or 6 hours a day, which makes a huge difference! The last feeding of the day is at 9:30 p.m., and the babies usually make it until about 5 or 6 a.m. No, we don't get to sleep that whole time. Usually one or two of the babies wakes up, or Tyler needs something, but we are making headway. Sometimes we'll have a night where we only wake up once, and other nights we'll be up 4 - 5 times. Evan and I are still doing every other night by the babies, so at least on the off nights we get a full night of good sleep.
Derek on his tummy...
I caught Tyler standing on my trunk in the living room with a bucket on his head, and I think he was "measuring" something with that toy. He usually says everything is "about 46 inches."
Babes...Andrew (front), Micah, Derek
Andrew...
My dad doing triple duty! He's amazing with the babies. He feeds, changes diapers, takes the night shift when he comes over....amazing! :)
Grandma Carol (Ev's mom) reading books to ALL of the boys. How precious is that?! Derek, Micah, Andrew, Tyler.
Derek fell asleep while playing in his jumper....He's actually done this a couple of times now.
Evan's brother and family came over to see us, so we had to get all the cousins together for a picture. This is all of the grandkids on Evan's side (L to R): Ethan is holding Derek, Tyler holding Andrew, and Luke holding Micah.
As you can see, it was another totally chaotic picture taking session. :)
Ethan, Tyler, Luke. It's more fun to play when you take off your shirts.
My dinner date the other night. His brothers were sleeping, and Tyler and Evan were outside, so Andrew and I hung out. Cutest date EVER!
Evan trying to keep all the boys entertained.
Tyler and his other cousin Ethan (my brothers little boy) searching for Easter eggs in our backyard...
WOW Heather! 28 pictures to enjoy. Thanks so much for taking some of your busy time and posting them for us back in WI. How big they are all getting. Tyler must be "46 inches" at least. Keep up the good work. Everyone looks healthy, happy, and growing.
ReplyDeleteLove, Grandma Mary Tenpas