Here's our big boy....everything is more fun when you wear bunny ears.
The babies have been doing really good at night! On Sun. night they slept from 10:30 p.m. til 6 a.m. That was the best night yet! Only Derek woke up once at 2:30 - 3. They go down really good...we feed them, put them in their sleep sack, swaddle them up tight, then lay them in their beds. Usually they fall asleep while we are carrying the to their room, or we lay them down wide awake and they just fall right asleep. It's really unreal....we didn't know babies could be this good at going down! It's a true blessing, b/c our nights could be much more stressful than they already are.
Now Evan and I just need to re-learn how to sleep through the night. Evan's parents came on Sat. night and took the whole night shift for us, which was the best gift ever! But...Evan woke up a couple of times because he thought he heard crying, and I apparently grabbed his shoulders in the middle of the night b/c I was dreaming a baby was falling from somewhere. Then last night I dreamed that I was in high school and it was 3:30 p.m. and I hadn't pumped all day! That was more of a nightmare. ha!
I am still nursing the babies. I'm making enough for all of them to have four 5 - 6 oz. bottles a day, and then they each get two bottles of formula at night. I have found that the easiest thing to do is to pump while I am feeding them bottles. Then I can pump and feed two at a time if I want, so it is a time saver. It's a ton of work to keep pumping, and actually, a lot of the work is just eating and drinking enough to keep up. I eat every spare second I get b/c I'm not ever sure when I'll have a chance to sit down again for a meal.
The boys are really growing and changing all the time. They smile more every day, I think. Micah and Derek both have reflux pretty bad, but they really only cry if their tummies hurt.
These next two pictures are to show you how much Micah and Andrew are starting to look alike.
Here's Andrew:
Some amazing ladies from our church made quilts for all three of the babies and brought them over the other night. We are so touched by their thoughtfulness! What a lot of work they went through for us. They turned out so cute! (D, M, A)
Here is our living room...I had to take a picture to show what a disaster our room always is. I seriously pick up our house about 50 times a day, and it is ALWAYS a mess! What do you expect when you have 3 swings, 3 bumbos, 3 exersaucers, 3 play mats, 3 bouncy seats, etc, etc... :) We are trying to love it, and realize it is a stage. All too soon we are going to wish we had babies again, I'm afraid!
No comments:
Post a Comment