Friday, February 17, 2012

Our Boys...

I know, it's been two weeks again since I've posted. The time is flying (some days), and I start trying to post, and it takes me like 2 days just to get pictures on the blog b/c I get interrupted constantly! Usually one or more of my aunts get after me if I haven't updated for awhile. :)

We are all still healthy over here, which is amazing. None of us have even had a cold, which we are so thankful for! I guess being super careful about germs is paying off. The babies are growing like crazy! I weighed them about about 4 days ago, and Andrew was 10 lbs 6 oz (over the 10 lb mark!! We are so excited about that!), Micah was 12 lbs, and Derek was 12 lbs 14 oz. They are all gaining really well, and lately Andrew has really picked up on his eating. He's usually the first to wake up because he is hungry, and he's taking more at each feeding, too. Maybe he'll catch up to his brothers!

Night time....it's still rough, but we're surviving. We feed the babies at 10 p.m., and then swaddle them up and lay them in bed. They usually fall right asleep and sleep until 2 or 3ish. We can usually comfort them and lay them back down without feeding until about 3 or 4ish. One night we made it til 4:45 a.m. That hasn't happened since then, but we're hopeful that they'll keep sleeping for longer periods at a time. It's hard b/c if one of them wakes up and wants to eat, we have to wake all of them up or they'll all get on a different schedule. I can't tell you how hard it is to wake up a sleeping baby in the middle of the night!! This past week was pretty tough b/c we didn't have help at night for about 5 nights in a row, so we felt like we were both up about all night on those nights.

I am going to be starting work again in March. I can't believe it's been 3 months since these guys have been born! I'm really excited to get back. I work remotely in Human Resources for GMR Marketing (the company I worked for when we lived in Milwaukee) about 20 hours a week from home/coffee shops. It's fabulous b/c I love what I do for them, it's a flexible schedule, and it gets me out of the house just enough that I really miss the boys when I'm gone and am excited to be back. For me, working PT makes me a better mom, I think. I will be working two 10 hour days, and we're trying to find two people to come into our home to watch the babies and Tyler from about 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. We have one person who has committed to two days, but we still need another one, so if anyone knows someone who might be interested (even if they could just do one day, we could find one other person, too), please let me know! The days of the week are flexible.

Here are our little sweeties! Derek, Andrew, Micah...getting so big!


Micah, Andrew, Derek...




Andrew always sleeps with his little hand up by his face....so cute!





Happy little Andrew....we get smiles out of him constantly! He has dimples!







Derek tried out his bumbo seat for the first time, and LOVED it! He smiled and cooed the whole 5 minutes he was in it until he couldn't hold his head up anymore.


Happy baby Derek...





Derek is such a happy baby. He seriously hardly ever cries unless he is hungry. I have never heard a baby cry like Derek's hungry cry. You'd think the world was ending....it's a full out mad sounding SCREAM. The first time we heard it we kind of freaked out because we thought he was hurt or something, but now we just laugh at him b/c he's totally impatient. :)




Micah taking a bath...he usually likes them! When we give baths to all three, we set it up like an assembly line on the kitchen counter. We have a full tub of water where I wash them, then we move them to dry off on the towels that we've stacked up to the right of the tub, and we put on lotion and a diaper. Then I have the baby scale set up next to that where we weigh them about once a week to make sure they are still gaining weight well. Then we wrap them up, put on a hat, pick up baby #2, strip the wet towel and dirty sleeper from baby #1 off the stack, and start over. Everything is a production at our house!






Our sweetie pie Micah...


As you can see, I'm teaching the boys some cheerleading moves...We practice every night.




Holding half of my boys...Tyler and Micah.


Tyler goofing around with Grandpa Ken (my dad). One great thing about all of this is that Tyler is getting to know his grandparents so well!








Tyler is getting a little bit more interested in the babies. He will talk to them every once in awhile, and gives them little pushes in the swing. He's really gentle with them, and it's so sweet to watch! Here he is talking to Derek. He usually says, "Hi Derek! I'm your big brudder (brother)!" :)

Derek and Micah




My dad doing double duty here. He is a fraternal twin, too, so he's kind of a natural!




Derek, Andrew, Micah



Our amazing friend Deanna holding all three of the boys (A, M, D). We have had such great help through all of this, and Deanna has been SO helpful with helping us at night, bringing food, bringing things for Tyler to play with, etc. We couldn't do it without her!!



1 comment:

  1. LOVE the update! But, it makes me miss the boys. I haven't seen them in close to 2 weeks! I better get my butt on the schedule. :)

    ReplyDelete