Tuesday, March 2, 2010

No more monitor!!



Tyler had a really good check up at the doctor today! She said his lungs sound "perfect" and we can quit doing the apnea/breathing monitor!! We still can do the nebulizers as needed, but we're pretty much done with everything now. What a difference a few weeks makes! I can't tell you how glad I am to have that dumb monitor gone. I know it's good to take precautions, but it caused me more worry than it helped. It went off in the middle of the night about 3 or 4 times throughout the two weeks, so I would freak out, fly out of bed, and make sure Tyler was breathing. To do that, they tell you to wake him up to make sure he's conscious, make sure his electrodes are on properly (which requires you to take his sleeper off to check), and make sure he's breathing okay. Well....he was always breathing fine, and just sleeping really peacefully. So I'd wake him up and about have a heart attack myself, and Evan would just lay there wondering how I got out of bed so fast in the middle of the night. :) So then we would never know if he really did quit breathing and he just started again by the time we got there, or why the alarm would go off. Then I'd have to call the Dr. again in the morning and tell them we had another alarm, and they would then tell me to bring the monitor down to the office so they could download the information on it and read it to see if it was true "apnea" (temporarily stopping breathing) or not. So I'd drive back to the office, have them download the info, and then wait for two days for the Dr. to call with the results. And it never was apnea. They were all false alarms. Thank goodness. But what a pain!
Here's Tyler trying out his bumbo seat. He's not too sure about it yet....
Snuggling with mom...

2 comments:

  1. Little Tyler is a tough guy! I'm glad he's feeling better, and I hope you can both start getting a few good nights of sleep with the monitor off.
    By the way, you are a super-cute mom! Great picture!

    ReplyDelete