My babies turn ONE in less than two weeks (Nov. 26). I honestly can't believe it. I still feel like it was just a few weeks ago that I was parked on the couch like a huge beached whale just praying that these babies would stay in one more day. What a journey God has brought us on. To get ready for their big day, we had to practice celebrating!
Derek, Andrew, Micah
Getting the picture is always the adventure. Once again, I had to take about 40 shots before I got one with everyone looking at me!
Andrew: "Derek....I'm not loving that green crown on you. Not doing anything for you."
Micah: "Guys, you're supposed to eat these blower things, right?"
Derek: "Let me try that blue one on, then..."
Micah: "Guys...are you supposed to eat these? I'm still eating this thing."
Andrew: "I don't like where this is going..."
The boys are starting to interact so much now! They laugh with each other all the time and are such good buddies. They play together really well. Every once in awhile someone will scream and it's usually because Micah barrelled into them (someone described him as a "bull in a china shop" and I can't stop thinking of that! It's the EXACT definition of Micah. If something or someone is in your way, plow over them), or Andrew sucked on someone's head, or someone pulled on Micah's helmet. Other than that, they're really good little guys!
Derek, Micah, Andrew
Little birthday boy Andrew...
Andrew started crawling on all fours just a couple days ago, and he's also teething really bad right now, so I feel bad for him! Derek and Micah are both standing up alone and starting to take steps. They're getting so big!! It won't be long before they are cruising all over the place. Their favorite thing to do right now is play on the steps. Big boy Tyler....
Derek played peek a boo with his shirt the other night at dinner. He thought he was SO funny (like usual). And he was. :) He's such a little jokester already!
Little Micah Man. We call him that because frequently we belt out the "Macho Macho Man" song but sing it "Micah Micah Man" instead. :) Tyler thinks those are the words to that song now.
Micah's on his second month with the helmet, and he's already made progress. His head is looking better shaped already, and they did a scan and said we're moving in the right direction. We have another appt. this week. Micah is also finishing up his antibiotic for a double ear infection. That made for a few really rough nights!
The babes....How sweet are they?! A, D, M. They get really hyper when they all get put in a bed together. You can see in the background where Derek's name was on the wall. He peeled each letter down the other night and threw them on the floor when he was settling down for bed. Stinker!
We had our first real trick or treating adventure! Last year I was huge pregnant, and the year before we were living in an apt. so Tyler had never really even gone before. Here we are all loaded up! It's our own little zoo at our house....Andrew is a cheetah, Tyler a puppy (although he told everyone he was a giraffe), Micah is the panda, and Derek is the penguin. Everyone LOVED it! It was beautiful weather, and the babies were content just looking at all the kids in costumes. Tyler got the hang of things right away. How amazing is it that all you have to do is go up to someone's door and you get candy? Before he could even get off a neighbor's step, he was asking "are we going to the next house now, mom?" Cutie.
This was our trick or treating train...Tyler and his cousin Ethan, the horse (my brother's little boy who is a year younger) in the wagon. They're getting to be really good buddies...
Cutest penguin ever! Derek...Sweet little Andrew....adorable in his leopard print! :)
And a roly poly Micah Panda...
Most fun little puppy (or giraffe....whatever!) ever! Everything gets more fun as he gets older and understands what is going on. For example....he just made me put the Christmas tree up because he could not WAIT to decorate! He's so fun....Lately he's in to making these big plans, such as, "Mom, how about you go into the living room, and I'll ride my front-end loader in there and load up all my books and come back and empty them, and then you can come and see my huge pile. Does that sound like a good plan???!!" He comes up with some hilarious things lately!
Here's a video of meal time at our house. Tyler was feeding all the babies little cheese puffs while I was getting their food ready, and Derek was cracking up at him.
No comments:
Post a Comment