Life has been insane. Let's be honest. I had to travel for work last week for the first time since I've had the babies. I was in Milwaukee last week from Sun night through Wed night. I got to stay with Shelly (my bestie who has the 5 year old triplet girls!), which was so fun, and it was great to get back in to the office to see everyone at work. But...it was SO hard to leave home. In fact, I was crying when I drove away to catch my flight. Tyler had gotten a fever the night before, and Derek had an ear infection, and I feel like my place right now is home. But....I will say it was SO nice getting 3 nights of sleep in a row, and also doing something totally different for a few days! When I got home, it was a disaster. Micah hadn't been sleeping well, Derek's ear infection still wasn't gone, Tyler's fever had broken, but he wasn't sleeping great, and Andrew was teething. SERIOUSLY. I hauled everyone in to the doctor on Friday to get everyone checked out. I wonder what all the nurses thought when they saw me come in pushing that quad stroller full of rowdy boys. The only thing they found was that Derek's ear infection was still bad. M and A must just be teething. But for about a week we had 2 babies up with us at almost every point throughout the night. Miserable.
This week is much better. We switched some things around with our schedule, so that's helped. Derek had an allergic reaction (rash) to the new antibiotic he's on, so we've been dealing with that, but overall everyone is happy and healthy.
Andrew has made huge strides this week! Just yesterday he pulled himself all the way up to standing, and today he pushed himself up to sit from army crawling. The other guys have been doing this all for so long, so I was feeling like Andrew was behind, so it's so good to see some progress there. He is really proud of himself when he pulls himself up. So cute!
Micah is tolerating the helmet really well. He really doesn't notice that it's on anymore, I don't think. It's so hard to snuggle him, but we'll deal. The PT said she can already see improvements since he's had it on, so that's a great sign! Just today, Micah made some huge progress! This morning he climbed up a flight of steps by himself, and tonight he took 3 steps all alone!! So exciting!!
It's hard during the days now that we can't go outside much. Today I got so sick of the house and everyone was crabby, so I loaded everyone up and we went on a "digger hunt!" It's Tyler's favorite thing to do right now. There is a lot of construction going on all around our neighborhood, so we go look at excavators digging holes, dump trucks, pay loaders, you name it. And it is probably the most exciting thing ever! It's a good thing he's strapped in, or Tyler would bounce right out of his seat! I know WAY more about diggers then I ever wanted to. :)
Tyler definitely has a strong will and still is my most challenging kid right now. I feel like lots of people say that about their kid, but he really is! He tells us at night when we put him down what his plans are for that night. For example, he'll be laying in his bed all tucked in, and he'll say, "I'm going to wake up ten times tonight and call for you, mom", or "I will cry when you leave my room", or "as soon as you leave, I will get out of my bed." He does the same thing when I drop him off for preschool. "Mom, I will cry a little when you drop me off today." We have to try to convince him to decide not to wake up at night or decide not to cry when he gets dropped off, and then he's fine. He's strong willed like his daddy. :)
Today I had one of those "I need more deodorant" moments that I just need to write down. Tyler was going potty in the bathroom and left the door open a crack. Micah and Derek saw the crack, and made a bee line for the bathroom (their favorite room right now, mostly b/c they are not supposed to be in there!). Tyler screams at them for coming in, so I run over, grab Derek before he gets kicked, put him outside the open bathroom door. I turn around and get Micah, and put him outside of the door. By that time, Derek is back in. Tyler is now standing up trying to slam the door closed on the babies' fingers, bodies, whatever. So I get Tyler sat back down, finally grab both Derek and Micah one under each arm (they weigh 25 lbs each!), and get them both outside of the bathroom. They screamed the whole way because they didn't want to leave. I closed the door and sat down sweating. These are the kind of moments that happen constantly at our house!
Derek and Tyler checking out our jack o lantern!
Andrew army crawling under the table. Check out that crazy hair!! It's SO fluffy and blonde. I LOVE it.
Andrew. Such a sweetie. When he goes to sleep now he holds on to his little animals or a blankie. Love that!
Wild man Derek. When we eat, the babies do all their tricks for me. They all sit in a semi circle around me, and they go from "so big" to "paddy cake" to waving "bye bye". They get so proud of themselves. Sometimes if someone does a really great trick like peek a boo, the other two will clap for him. OR...if I sing a song, I usually get applauded (especially if it's Itsy Bitsy Spider), and Andrew always bobs his head when any music/singing comes on. These guys crack us up constantly!!
Andrew, Micah, Derek. Andrew was NOT in the mood for a picture.Derek showing off his stuff. He crawls on to everything, and flies up our whole flight of steps. He's going to be walking in no time!
All the boys in my room this morning while I attempted to brush my teeth and wash my face. Sometimes I ask them all very nicely if they will just give me 5 min. of peace. They don't like that idea. :)
Derek...
Andrew...
Micah and Derek talking about what is happening outside...
No comments:
Post a Comment