Thursday, June 28, 2012

7 Months Old!

Our babies were 7 months old this week (June 26)!  Sometimes it feels like we've been doing this forever and we can't remember life before the chaos, but other times I feel like we were just finding out we were having triplets.  It's still just shocking to me every once in awhile.  Sometimes Evan and I look at each other and say, "This is our life.  This is really our life."  We're so happy about it, but it's just so unreal sometimes!

The boys are getting so big, and really getting active and fun.  Derek is such a fun baby.  He has the best attitude.  Everything is funny to him.  When I change his diaper, he laughs (especially if it's a dirty one for some reason).  When Tyler talks to him, he laughs.  When it's bedtime and I'm trying to get him to settle down, he laughs.  He has such a cute personality!  He is definitely going to be the first to crawl.  He gets up on all fours and rocks back and forth all the time.  He can pretty much get where he wants by scooting, and tonight he wanted to be on his feet and was starting to put one in front of the other.  Let the next chaotic stage begin!

Here is how Derek drinks his bottle lately.  His hands are usually over his eyes, or he scratches his head while he drinks!  For awhile he had cradle cap on his head, so you could always tell when he had just gotten done drinking a bottle b/c he had all this dry skin scratched off on his head.  So funny!


Andrew is saying "da da da da," and every time I pick him up he just gets this HUGE smile and shrieks with happiness. He usually wraps his little arms around my neck really tight and gives me a huge sloppy open mouth kiss right on the cheek. He's my little snuggler. He'd love nothing more than if we'd hold him all day every day and just talk to him.





 Micah is squealing a lot and babbling all the time lately. He says "ma ma ma ma ma ma" over and over....especially when he's sad. Then it's a really whiney "maaa maaa". It's the cutest sound in the world. Micah is so patient and relaxed. The other day I had all three of them in their chairs to eat and Derek and Andrew were screaming b/c they wanted food, and Micah was hungry, too, but when I was feeding the other two he just sat back and sucked his thumb and waited for his bite and got a big smile when it was his turn. He's such a little honey.



We have graduated to the quad stroller!!  It's an exciting day.  Here are all the boys loaded up and ready to go on their first ride all together in the same stroller.  We figure we're pushing about 100 lbs of boys in this thing.  Evan and I usually push together when we go up hills.  It's a good work out!  The only people who buy quad strollers are day care centers and the Anema's.  :) 

Micah and Derek in back, Andrew and Tyler in front.



Here are a few more pictures of the boys on the swings.
Derek with his usual expression...
 Sweet heart....
Showing off his bottom two teeth!  Micah has one tooth through, and Andrew doesn't have any yet.  They're all working on more, which  make the nights interesting.  We're buying baby Tylenol in bulk.

Andrew...
 And chunky little Micah.  He has the best cheeks to kiss EVER!  Look at those chunkers!

Tyler is slowly getting better with the babies. When I'm around, he tells them "NO!" a lot if they touch his toys or try to touch him. But if I have one or two of them downstairs with us playing and I have to run upstairs for a second, I'll ask Tyler if he can watch the babies for me, and then he'll say, "yes I can." And he'll be really good with them when I'm not there. He turns on big brother mode then. They LOVE touching him and being close to him, and watch him whenever he's around. It's so sweet. Sometimes if I'm busy doing something and one of them is fussing, I'll ask Tyler to go talk to them, and as soon as he gets close to them, they're quiet.

He still looks like a baby to me so often...



 Playing outside...where he is happiest!

 Love this one!
 There's nothing more fun than spraying things with the hose!  This keeps him busy for awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment