Monday, June 11, 2012

More new things!

Just when we get through one stage, another one starts, so our life continues to be a little crazy over here.  :)  Derek's second bottom tooth popped through this weekend.  Neither of the other two have had any pop through yet.  For some reason when I was envisioning having triplets during the pregnancy, I thought everything would happen all at the same time.  I guess I didn't stop to think that with fraternal triplets, they are no more alike than normal siblings are, so things will happen at different times.  So we don't just go through one period of teething, we go through three different times of it.  My friends with identical triplets or who have two identical say that the identical kids go through things more at the same time.  So interesting.  Micah would sit up all the time if he could, and can almost do it on his own!  And Andrew is the loudest babbler now and probably the best with his fine motor skills.

We had their 6 mo. check up at the Dr. last week. Andrew weighs 17 lbs 14 oz (53rd% on "normal" baby charts....not adjusted for preemies!), Micah is 19 lbs 2 oz (74th%), and Derek is 19 lbs 14 oz).  So thankful for big, healthy babies!

Here's Derek rolling around playing with his toes...


 Tyler...just hanging out in the shower.  He has been cracking us up like crazy lately!  The other day I was looking for a gift bag for someone, and he was helping me pick one out.  He found one, and I said, "Do you like that one?" and he said, "That's a wonderful one!" and I said "I didn't know you knew that big word!" and he said, "I LOVE ("wuv") that word!"  Had to be there, but such a funny moment.  He's getting so smart.
 The boys...just having a little chat in their bumbos.  Another triplet mom told me that someone asked her once if she wanted to get together for play dates with her kids, and she said that she had honestly never thought of being in a play group with other moms/kids b/c her kids have their own play dates every day at their house!  What a fun life!   Micah, Andrew, Derek
 Strolling...(front to back):  Derek, Micah, Andrew.  I get asked a lot if we take turns for who gets to be in front.  Yes, for sure!    The rule is, though, if someone is sleeping he forfeits his chance to get in the front.  You have to be awake and excited to be outside to get the front.  :) 
 Tyler and his cousin Ethan (my brother Matt's son - about exactly a year younger than Tyler) chilling on the deck.  They love playing together, and get really hyper!

 Micah and Andrew hanging out.  The babies are all over each other right now.  If we lay them down on the floor by each other, they grab each others arms, suck on each others heads or hands, grab ears, scratch faces, etc. The other day I caught Micah kind of rubbing Derek's back, and Derek was giggling and giggling b/c it tickled.  They're so much fun to watch now!  They smile and laugh at each other a lot.
Me and Tyler walking in the rain...
 Derek and Andrew playing (with my mom).
 Derek....sweetie pie...he has the softest skin ever.
Our neighbors' little girl turned 3 last week and they got a big bouncy house for the backyard, so Tyler was SO excited! Here's Tyler with little Jessi and Jack, his favorite playmates....



 Tyler really likes hugging Jessi.  We may need to put an end to this at some point.  :)

 Micah sitting up in a big boy chair!
 Sweetie Andrew...
 Derek...


1 comment:

  1. Heather- Thanks so much for taking the time to update on your precious family! Mia still always asks me if there are new pictures and keeps reminding me that she still hasn't met Tyler's brothers!

    ReplyDelete