Friday, March 2, 2012

Getting the Hang of This!

Things continue to be crazy at our house, but we have moments where we feel like we are getting the hang of this. Evan and I are now taking every other night with the babies. When it's your night to be "on", then you sleep by the babies, take Tyler's monitor into their room, and do the middle of the night feeding by yourself. That way the other person gets a total relaxing night of sleep. So every other night is good. :) The babies are getting better at sleeping longer...they usually don't eat until 5 a.m. (after eating at 10 p.m. the night before), but that doesn't mean they sleep the whole time. Usually one of them wakes up and then we end up holding that one and sometimes another one off for as long as possible before we feed. We've also mastered the art of propping bottles, so we can feed three at a time with just one of us. It's crazy, especially b/c when I do it I'm pumping as well, but it works, and it's worth it to get a night of sleep the following night.

They are all growing good. I weighed them a few days ago and Andrew was 11 lbs, 10 oz; Derek was 14 lbs, 3 oz; and Micah was 13 lbs, 14 oz. Big boys! They just turned 3 months old on Feb. 26. I can't believe it's been that long already, and on the other hand, I can't believe that only 3 months ago these little guys were all still inside of me!

Here are a few recent pictures:

Andrew, Micah, Derek. I feel like they are starting to look more alike as Andrew continues to fill out and get chunkier!






Little Andrew trying out the bumbo...


Micah...all dressed up and no place to go!


Tyler "helping" Grandma Carol wash the bottles. This is one of his favorite things to do right now!


Watching Curious George with his horse, Tommy.



Derek, Andrew, Micah...


Just a random picture...but I want to remember what our counter looked like some day. This was just after I was done washing a bunch of bottles. And this isn't even all of them! :)


Andrew and Micah...



Andrew & Micah...



Sweet little Tyler....



Micah...his cheeks are getting so chunky his face is now almost wider than it is long! :)



Derek watching tv with his chunky cheeks resting on his chest...apparently it was a really good show. This kid seriously cracks me up!


We've been building lots of forts lately....this is one of Tyler's favorites...



Sweet little Derek all bundled up...




Cutie pie Micah...




Tyler is getting a little more interested in the babies. He likes to talk to them now, and has been asking to hold them. So sweet...Here he is trying to get Andrew to hold on to his finger.



And talking to Micah...



Little Andrew...
Micah...
Derek taking a bath...he's almost getting too big for the tub!

1 comment:

  1. Heather & Evan,
    They are so big! What adorable boys you have! We continue to pray for you all, and are so glad to hear that, while life is still crazy, you've got a little routine going and are getting a few winks of sleep.
    Blessings!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete