Some days this just seems so insane. For example: Today. And it's not even noon. Evan had a rough night last night with the babies waking up a lot, and Tyler also has been waking up at least once a night, so I was letting Evan sleep in a little this morning. I was doing the 9 a.m. feeding alone, which is always crazy because Tyler is just getting up and wants food and all the babies are crabby. So today I got Tyler fed while I was nursing Derek. Then Tyler got done and begged and begged (and begged and begged) for me to go downstairs with him. So I hauled all three babies one at a time down the steps while Tyler followed me up and down and up and down, the whole time saying "play with me, mommy, plaaaayyyy with me!!!" So I finally get all three babies down and laying on blankets. I am sitting on the floor and start nursing Andrew, and am holding a bottle for Micah with the other hand. This goes okay for a few minutes until Micah starts spitting and I have to burp him. So I manage to keep nursing Andrew, and sit Micah up on my lap and burp him. Then Tyler comes over and starts pulling on one of my very occupied arms yelling and crying, "Put babies down, put babies down!!" At this point I can't decide if I should laugh or cry, so I finish feeding Andrew, and burping Micah, and two of the babies started crying after they were all laid down. ENOUGH! I left all four boys downstairs and went upstairs. I just needed like 30 seconds of peace. Thank goodness Evan woke up then...
I have lots of moments like these...the totally insane ones, but I also have some amazing, peaceful moments too. Not nearly as many, but they are what get me through. Sometimes when I'm thinking about how nuts this all is, and kind of feeling sorry for myself that this is just too crazy, I remember what my mother in law told me the other day when we were talking about a totally different situation: What's most important is to be HOLY at all times, not necessarily to be HAPPY. So I try to keep a good attitude, and keep the perspective that God gave us these babies all at the same time for His perfect reason...so even if I'm stressed and tired sometimes (or all the time), I know this is God's plan for our life and knowing that makes this whole experience amazing and totally worth some sleepless nights. Think what God is capable of doing through my little boys' lives!
More pictures coming soon...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment