Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Thankful.

I'm 20 weeks 3 days along today, and last week Tuesday we had another ultrasound. This one was the detailed fetal echo where they check the babies hearts. They took about 100 pictures of each babies heart, and everything looked really good! We're SO thankful, and relieved. This was the last really detailed ultrasound, so from now on, they'll check the babies major organs and then make sure they're all growing okay. I'm not showing any signs of pre-term labor, and the Dr. said that this is as good as it could look right now. I'm thrilled. He said that for growth issues to start occuring now something really drastic would have to change. What a relief! God is taking good care of these little guys already!


On the other hand...life is getting a lot harder for me. Last week Thursday I had Tyler all day, and brought him to a park for about 45 min., then at night I cleaned out our fridge (these are not activities that require a ton of movement or work...). That night I got a bunch of contractions. Most of them weren't major, but one took my breathe away, so I decided I need to start taking it even easier. Then on Monday, mom and I walked slowly through the grocery store, and I got a bunch of contractions then, too. The Dr. said that I shouldn't be lifting Tyler, and I can't watch him on my own anymore b/c I can't chase him. We need help for him 5 days a week now. Basically I need to sit or lay as much as possible. Sometimes I go out for a stroll, which involves me walking about a half a block and back, and usually by then my back is sore. It's SO crazy how this suddenly is just taking over my life! I get a little anxious thinking about doing nothing for the next who knows how many weeks, but I know it's best for the babies, and I can do anything for a few months, right?


Eating is also hard lately. My stomach is so shrunk that it seems like all I can do is take a few bites and I'm full. Eating as many calories as they recommend is really hard, and some of the times, I throw up whatever I've eaten anyway. To add more on top of this, I had to do the 3 hour gestational diabetes test on Friday, and I just found out this morning that I failed it. So now I have to try to adjust my diet and test my blood sugar 4x/day. I had this with Tyler, too, so it's not a big surprise, but it just seems so impossible to eat anyway, even without thinking about this. We'll see how it goes! Gestational diabetes is caused by pregnancy hormones, and since I have 3x the hormones, it would be shocking if I didn't have it. The Dr. said if I can't control it with diet (like I did last time), then he will give me some insulin pills to help. I'm thinking that might be easier at this point.

Tyler continues to bring me so much joy every day. I love sitting and watching him play. He's talking so much right now, too. For the last two weeks he's been putting words together, like "grandma's house," "thank you, daddy," "garbage truck," "I don't like it," etc. It's so cute...and so fun that he's learning to communicate. He takes our hands a lot and pulls us where he wants us to go. Usually it's to show us a truck or a mower or some piece of machinery. :) He's such a little boy. Imagine how much I'm going to know about trucks when I have 4 boys!

These past few weeks especially we have been feeling so supported and loved in a community that is still semi-new to us. First of all, my mom is amazing. She came up from Sun night through last week Wednesday, and she cleaned my entire house, did all of our laundry, watched Tyler (who adores her and calls her "Nini"), and let Evan and I go out on a date, and did EVERYTHING. She also did a lot for calming down my anxiety just by being here. She's been there for me through my entire life, but I feel like she's really going through this whole experience with me and taking it on like it's her own, almost! She completely understands it and her and my dad have done everything possible to make this situation as easy as possible for us. I hope I can be as amazing as a mom to my boys as my mom is to me.

Also, a few of my friends put together this really cute diaper cake gift, and on it is ideas for us to pray about for each week of the pregnancy that I have left. Assigned to each week of the pregnancy is one one friend who will be sending us diapers (they got in touch with a bunch of our friends -- we don't even know who yet!)! This honestly was one of the most touching gifts I've ever received...so thoughtful, and it just makes us feel so loved!

The meal train has also been so great! I can't believe all of the people who have signed up to bring us meals or send gift cards. And our church has been so supportive. Our pastor took us out for dinner the other night just to talk through everything, and our care group is putting on an all-church baby shower for us, which is so amazing! So between everyone pitching in, a totally overwhelming situation seems less scary. A HUGE thank you to everyone! How can we ever thank you enough??!

I'm only posting this picture because of peer pressure. Here I am at 19 weeks...Seriously, WHERE is it all going to go? I was about this big at 33/34 weeks with Tyler, I think....


Tyler playing trucks on the deck...


Good morning!! My little honey...



We went on a little vacation to the Black Hills at the end of July with my whole family (thanks mom and dad!). It was really nice to get away for awhile, and it was probably my last outing for awhile! Here is Tyler and his cousin Ethan (Matt and Tosha's little boy) in the tub. They're getting to be such good buddies!



Tyler was infatuated with the 1880 train. Here he is in a mini version. He's still talking about it!




Tyler's favorite thing to do with his grandpa is ride the lawn mower. He begs for a ride constantly when he's at their house!



Ethan and Tyler in the pool at our house on the deck...





No comments:

Post a Comment