Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Helping Hands

Written by Renae Elgersma

Hello Everyone! My name is Renae Elgersma and I’m a friend of Heather and Evan. I met Heather at Dordt College when we lived on the same floor but then I moved away after a semester. Then, 2 years ago I got a random Facebook message from Heather explaining they were moving to the Sioux Falls area and needed some contact information for something. It might have been for someone that does hair. Just kidding! I don’t remember exactly but probably something along the lines of jobs or housing. Anyways, since then, my husband, Justin (J) Elgersma and I have been blessed by their friendship!

After reading this fun blog and Heather’s updates on how she has a need to sleep 18 hours a day, is sick quite a bit, and all that fun stuff, you may be left thinking; “How can I help?” Well, I have your answer to that! I’m a nerd and love to coordinate and organize so I’ve come up with 2 options if you wish to lend a helping hand.

#1 Meal Train - http://www.mealtrain.com/?id=mrdvw2su8cct Via this website, you can sign up to bring them a meal. It’s user friendly and sign up only take a few minutes! The website will give you all the fun details but here’s a brief overview! For now, they’ve chosen to receive meals on Monday, Wednesdays, and Fridays and they can be fresh meals, frozen meals, or restaurant gift cards. When you enter the meal information, please be as specific as possible as it will help others out when choosing what to give them and for the Anemas to know what to expect. If your meal will be frozen, please specify so they can plan accordingly. If you choose a gift card, please specify the restaurant. Gift cards are a great way for those that don’t live in the Sioux Falls area to help out. Just pick a date, enter that it’s a restaurant card, and send it off in the mail! Lastly, if you encounter any problems with the website, feel free to sign up through me at elgersmarenae@gmail.com.

#2 Babysitters – I’m sure they’ll need extra hands for Tyler or the babies so if you’re interested in being on a babysitting schedule, email me at elgersmarenae@gmail.com. I love having a reason to create an Excel spreadsheet so this is so fun for me! Tosha, Heather’s sister-in-law, may help me coordinate this portion so just a heads up in case you hear back from her. :)

#3 Prayer - Nothing beats the power of prayer and the work of our Almighty Creator. Pray for continued blessings for a healthy pregnancy and peace for them as they prepare to double their family size!



1 comment: