Thursday, September 9, 2010

Las Vegas!

Evan and I got back yesterday from a great little vacation to Vegas. It was so great to finally be able to spend some time focusing on each other...it's been all about Tyler for the last almost 9 months. We did a lot of eating out, we checked out all of the AMAZING hotels, went to a really great show, had some drinks at a fun piano bar, and had 4 amazing full nights of sleep! :) Oh - and I think we won $3 on penny slots. :)


At the Flamingo hotel. I made Evan go find the flock of pink flamingos with me....you can see them in the picture. They were beautiful! :)


We went and checked out the indoor gondola's in the Venetian hotel...





Tyler stayed at my mom and dad's house while we were gone. We felt so good about having him stay there....we knew he'd get completely spoiled by his grandpa, grandma, and uncle Eric (and it sounds like he definitely did). I called about twice a day, and we missed him like CRAZY. Mom and dad both called me today to tell me how much they now miss him! So sweet...


It's crazy how we weren't even sad to leave warm, sunny Las Vegas with it's palm trees because we knew we got to come back to see our little boy (in chilly, rainy South Dakota). Funny how your priorities shift after you have a baby, huh?


The bad news that we found out on our second day in Vegas is that after a round of antibiotics, both of Tyler's ears are still infected. I called the ENT Dr. and he's going in to get tubes next week Thursday. We just figure if he's at the beginning of the cold/flu season, it's going to be a long winter if we don't get something done now. I just hope it makes him feel better after he has them in. And who knows....maybe he'll consistently sleep through the night (what would that be like??)!


Here I am with my little man...admiring him once again.

And giving him more kisses...I wonder how many kisses I give him every day. At least 50. Maybe 100.

Snuggling with daddy...
One of Tyler's favorite things to do lately is run down the hallway of our apartment building in his walker. We open our door, and say, "Wanna go in the hall?" He gets this huge smile, and takes off. He can go really fast in the hallway, and he makes it about half way down, and then he's huffing and puffing so hard he has to take a break. It's so funny to watch!
His arms are always straight out at his sides when he tries to go really fast....
We spend at least 5-10 minutes a day checking out the fire extinguisher in the hallway...

Messy little guy...

Who needs toys when you have your mom's shoes to play with?

Thumbs up! :)














3 comments:

  1. This was like my favorite post ever! SOOOOOOO cute Heather! (But so sad about having to get tubes) Poor guy - but he'll be sooo happy you signed him up for it though... :) Will pray for him....(and you!) on thursday. can't WAIT to see you! -Auntie Shell

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad to see you guys had a great time in Vegas! I bet those 4 nights of sleep felt like heaven. I hope the tubes help..poor little guy! Alright...we'll chat more at coffee this week?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Heather! I am always checking your blog. He sure is a cutie! I am glad you and Evan got to spend time away. It feels so good to do that once in awhile. Do you stay home with Tyler? I wanted to also tell you that Mason had soooo many ear infections also. I think he for surely had like 8 or 9. He finally got tubes and IT WAS THE BEST THING EVER!!!!! He was a completely different kid. You'll love it!

    Jena Dykstra

    ReplyDelete