Saturday, January 2, 2010

Tyler Evan Anema

It's been two weeks since our little Tyler has been born, and I've been meaning to update the blog ever since the day we brought him home from the hospital. Turns out babies are a lot of work! :)

Tyler Evan was born at 7:24 a.m. on December 17, 2009. He was 8 lbs. and 20 inches long. We are SO excited to have him here, and he couldn't be more perfect! It was honestly the best Christmas gift we could've ever received!

Here's how it all happened: Evan had gotten home from work around 6 on Wed. night (Dec. 16), and we had eaten lasagne and he had just sat down at the kitchen table to start studying. I was going to get some work finished up that night while he studied. After we ate, though, I got really tired, and laid down in the chair for about a half hour. I woke up with "cramps" and got up to go to the bathroom where my water broke at about 7:30 p.m.! I called for Evan and I said, "I think my water just broke!" and I have never seen his eyes get so huge! :) We were both kind of in shock and running around trying to get stuff together to go to the hospital (my bag had been packed for weeks, though, so we were mostly ready). We couldn't believe this was really it!!

We went into the ER at the hospital since it was after hours, and I was still feeling pretty good. We were brought to labor and delivery then and Evan and I both called our parents to let them know we were in the hospital, and that they were going to have a grandson soon! We walked the halls most of the night, and my contractions got worse and worse as the night went on. I had back labor pretty bad, so every time I had a contraction Evan pushed on my back as hard as he could to take some of the pressure away. I finally got an epidural at 3 a.m., and I would like to say that epidurals could be the best discovery in the history of the world. :) Tyler Evan was born at 7:24 after only 20 minutes of pushing. The cord was wrapped around his neck once, and he came out pretty blue and wasn't crying, so it was a little scary for awhile. They let us hold him for about 5 minutes, but then brought him right up to the nursery where they cleared his lungs out and checked him out. Throughout our stay in the hospital, he started crying a little more and his breathing kept sounding better.

The second Tyler was born, I started crying. It's unreal how much you can love someone so much that you've never even met before. It's like we had this instant bond with Tyler and instantly fell in love with him. It's a feeling you can't explain until you go through it yourself, and I have to say it is one of the most amazing feelings in the world. Every day since he's been in our life, we've been thanking God for him. What an amazing gift, what an absolute miracle.....

Tyler's first picture:


Going Home








This was me on Sunday, Dec. 13....four days before I delivered Tyler. I was feeling HUGE!




















































2 comments:

  1. Ooooo my goodness he is seriously A-DORABLE!! What a cutie!! I am SO happy for you and Evan...what great parents you are! Take care and keep us updated on your little guy!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I found your blog via Shelly and Ryan's blog. I am so excited to be able to keep up with the three of you. I pray that the two of you are enjoying parenthood. Tyler is adorable and Heather, you look great! We will keep Evan in our prayers as he prepares for the bar exam. God bless! - Kyle, Katie, & Anika Van Arendonk

    ReplyDelete