Thursday, January 21, 2010

The best job in the world...

I have the best job in the world right now. I love being a mom! We can't imagine our lives without Tyler already...he's the best thing in the world! I tell him he's cute about 500 times a day, so hopefully it doesn't go to his head. :)

Tyler is 5 weeks old today and time is flying! Here's what's been happening over the past few weeks: It was kind of a weird Christmas this year. We weren't planning on leaving Sioux Falls since Tyler was so tiny, but my family was going to come up here to celebrate with us at my brother and sister in laws house. Instead, we got a HUGE blizzard (Sioux Falls got 18.5 inches of snow!) that started Christmas eve and went through the day after Christmas. So we were snowed in this little apartment for three days straight. Evan studied all day on Christmas and Christy (Evan's sister who lives next door) and I ate puppy chow and snuggled Tyler most of the day. :) We celebrated with my family on New Year's Day instead, and Evan's family all came up one at a time, so we had a lot of mini celebrations instead of one big one this year!

Tyler lost four ounces of weight before we left the hospital on Dec. 19, but by Monday, Dec. 21, he had gained that all back and was back to 8 lbs (his birth weight). This past week I had his 1 month check up and he weighs a whopping 11 lbs, 3 oz and is now 22 inches long (he was 20 when he was born). That puts him in the 90th percentile for height and weight, so he's going to be a big boy, I have a feeling! I guess we don't have to worry about him getting enough to eat!

He's starting to do a little better at night. He wakes me up about twice to eat around 1 and 5 a.m. Every once in awhile he'll sleep for 5 hours straight, which is amazing. It's crazy how good 5 hours of sleep in a row can make you feel!

Here are some pictures of our little man...

Bath time! He actually really loves his baths. He calms down right away when he feels the warm water. We've been peed on about every time, though! :)

















Tyler hanging out in his new swing. He loves watching the mobile and he's usually pretty content in there for awhile...






















Evan has a new study partner these days... :)

















Tyler's Christmas outfit, and our first Christmas picture together...
































After his bath...all snuggled up...







All sprawled out sleeping on his daddy....






































































4 comments:

  1. Looks like parenthood is agreeing with you. What a beautiful family! You are very blessed to have Tyler and he is just as blessed to have both of you for parents. Enjoy!

    G Blom

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is adorable! Wish you were closer ... I miss him and haven't even met him out of the womb yet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness he is SO cute Heather! LOVE all the pictures! I wish I could meet him! Glad you're doing well! Miss ya lots and lots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather & Evan - He is so darling! It's so fun to see some of Alex's clothes on him...I miss Alex being so little again! Hope you are all doing well! Can't wait to meet him one of these days.

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete