Okay, people, it's official. I'm huge!! I don't know if I haven't been checking myself out from the side lately, or if I suddenly got huge overnight, but I had this ephiphany just today after looking at these pictures that I'm about to post. How did I not realize this before? I told Evan all about this, and he just smirked and said, "well, you're not tiny." Thank you.
On Wednesday, I will be 36 weeks along, which means only 4 more weeks to go! I honestly can't believe it! It's so exciting! I'm suddenly feeling like it's got to be getting close, though. The last two nights I haven't slept well at all and ended up out in the recliner both nights, and sometimes when I look at my feet and ankles I honestly can't believe their mine. Could my ankles seriously be this fat? Yep. They sure are!
I might be nesting. I'm not sure what all that nesting business is about, but suddenly yesterday the fridge HAD to be cleaned, and all of the baby stuff (clothes, sheets, blankets, stuffed animals) HAD to be washed. Like immediately. So I'm not sure if I got into a freak cleaning mode (which almost never happens, so it's unlikely), or if it means I'm just feeling like I need to get ready for this little guy to get here soon!
My adventure with gestational diabetes continues. It's hard to cut out sugar, especially right now when all I really want is a mint M & M blizzard from Dairy Queen! I told Evan to please make a note to himself that immediately upon delivery, he is to run and get me one. :) I have been able to control the diabetes with diet and exercise, though, which I'm really thankful for. I'm still learning, and I think once I finally have it figured out which foods spike my blood sugar and which don't really affect it much, this will all be over (thankfully!).
Evan is in go-mode. He just got 10 huge books in the mail today that he needs to know by the end of Feb. for the SD Bar exam. YUCK! So he's going to get as much studying done now as he can before the baby gets here. He's working all week and studying every night and weekend right now. Have we told you how excited we are for him to get this test over with?! It seriously can't be done soon enough. Please start praying that he passes this thing so we can put it all behind us and enjoy our little baby!
Speaking of our little baby, I'm not convinced he's so little anymore. His kicks are getting pretty powerful, and he is zapping all my energy. I can watch my stomach move when he shifts around, and it's like his little heel is right up by my ribs and I can see it sticking out throughout the day. He's such a little miracle! We can't wait to finally meet him!
Okay, here are the most recent pictures. I'll send some of the nursery once it's all back in place after being washed. :)
This sweatshirt is really bulky, that's why I look so big, I think:
Huge is beautiful on you, Heather. I am so excited for you & Evan. Seems like I haven't seen you since you left Dordt. I hope our paths cross sometime. I do get to SF often. Thanks for blogging and I hope you don't mind if I check in now & then.
ReplyDeleteGert B