Tuesday, November 3, 2009

7 weeks til baby!

Can you believe it’s only 7 weeks until our little guy is born? We’re getting so excited! We have the nursery mostly ready, and have most of the stuff that we really need. We’ll hopefully be finishing up some last minute things over the next couple of weeks.

I can’t believe how active this baby is! He moves around constantly, and especially the last couple of weeks he feels like he’s getting so much bigger. His kicks are getting to the point where they’re sometimes uncomfortable – he’s getting so strong! And I think he knows right where my ribs are b/c he likes to give me some really good jabs there a lot! Hopefully that means his feet are up and head is down, so he’s all ready to be born! Evan gets to feel him a lot, and loves it. My mom told me she thinks he’s going to be a hyper kid since he’s so active already. Oh great. :)

Sleeping for me is getting harder and harder. Between getting a kink in my neck every night because I have to sleep propped up, waking up covered in sweat (I’m SO HOT all the time!!!), getting kicked in the ribs, or getting up to go to the bathroom, I feel like I hardly sleep some nights! I guess its good practice for what’s to come, huh?

Eating for me has become a bit of a struggle. Two weeks ago I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. It scared me a lot at first because I didn’t know anything about it, but since then I’ve gone to a class at Sanford to learn how to eat and what this all means. Basically I have to watch my sugars really carefully (no more ice cream every night….it’s a killer!!), and count my carbs (which turn to sugar in your body). I have to try to eat 6 small balanced meals every day, and I check my blood sugar 4 times a day. I’ve been able to control my levels with my diet and by walking every day, so it doesn’t look like I’ll need to get on insulin or anything, which is great news! Hopefully after the baby is born the diabetes will just go away right away, which is what typically happens. Freeze the Christmas candy, people! I’m going to be craving it like crazy in the hospital!

Evan is studying like crazy for part of the Bar exam that he hast to take this Saturday. After that, he’ll start studying for the two 6 hour days of testing at the end of February. He’s already sick of studying!!

Here are a couple pictures of my belly again:
Here I am at 29 weeks (in the black....the black is very slimming, don't you think?), and then at 31 weeks.



2 comments:

  1. Ooooo my goodness you are SUCH a cute pregnant lady!!! :) I can't believe your lil guy gets here so soon! Can't wait! :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pregnancy pictures since I don't get to see you. Keep the updates coming! Can't wait till the big day is here! Take care of yourself and that little guy!

    ReplyDelete