This Sunday afternoon we had a new experience. Micah and Derek were both supposed to be in their beds resting, and Andrew and Tyler were up playing in the living room. Evan and I were both so exhausted that we both fell asleep for about an hour. Evan was on the couch, and I was in our room. When we woke up, all four boys were up. We walked into the kitchen, and we're pretty sure all four boys ate snacks for the entire hour. The pan of brownies that was sitting on the counter had a step stool leading up to it, and the pan was totally gone. There were crumbs all over the counter and floor. The new box of Triscuits was completely gone. There were goldfish out and spilled on the floor. The graham crackers were opened and dug in, and there were granola bar wrappers in the garbage. Evan and I bust out laughing when we saw everything, and kind of didn't care, because really, when's the last time we BOTH got to take a nap?? Maybe 4 years ago?
I asked the boys what they did when we were sleeping, and they just said, "nothing." Very seriously. When I asked if they had eaten snacks, Derek said, with chocolate brownie crumbs all over his mouth, "no." Micah said with a huge, proud smile, "Well....I ate a TON of Triscuits!!!!" ha!!
Costco:
The other day I took Micah and Andrew to Costco with me, and sometimes they just say things that are so cute I have to remember them.
They were asking what a kind of vegetables things were, and they pointed at one, and I said, "That's an artichoke." Micah got really quiet, then said very seriously, "but mom, why would anyone want to eat one of those if they were going to choke on it?" :)
Then we were in the fresh fish section, and there were mussels for sale there. Again they asked what those things with the shells on them were, and I told them they were mussels. Andrew said "Ohhhh, because they are so strong?" Such sweet innocence.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment