Monday, January 25, 2016

The Funny Stuff

Often times at the end of the day when all the boys are sleeping sweetly and quietly in their beds, I think back on funny things that happened during the day.  Evan and I laugh about them, and then they are forgotten, so I decided that if I don't start documenting some of these things, we will miss out on some hilarious memories some day.  Plus this way we'll have some great blackmail material on the boys for their teenage years.  So I'll be recording sometimes inappropriate snippets from our day for you all to read.  Beware.  We're a wild house.

We are all in the bathroom together a lot.  It's just like any other old room in the house.  So tonight Micah is in the tub, and Andrew is doing his business on the toilet.  And Derek is observing because, why not?  Andrew finishes up and says, "Mommy, I'm done!  Can you help me wipe?" And Derek swings into action, grabs some toilet paper and says, "I'll do it!!!!"  very enthusiastically.  Andrew gets into position while I'm screaming "NO!!!  NO!"  I was actually a little embarrassed at how loud it came out after I yelled it.  The boys looked at me like, "Seriously, what's the big deal, mom?"  Boys.  It is just a big deal.  It's a very, very big deal to me right now, OKAY?!  

Also, some things I find myself saying during the day that I can't believe actually have to come out of my mouth.  Some examples from today:  
"Micah, please stop licking my jeans.  That is gross."
"Absolutely no wrestling in the bathtub.  We only wrestle when we have clothes on."

Pray for me, people.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Heather, these are going to be good. Keep posting. Love your growing boys

    ReplyDelete