We have some rowdy boys this winter who need to get outside more! This last week of nice weather has been amazing. We built a huge snow fort which they (we) played in for hours every day! It does so much for all of us to get outside. Every day Andrew asks me, "Is it summer yet, mom?" I say no. "Now is it, mom?" He is SO excited! Of all the boys, Andrew is the one who always wants to go somewhere or do something.
The fighting at our house is just ridiculous. Really. We fight over EVERYTHING. Who goes out the door first, who sits in which chair, who brings you a snack, who made it down the steps first, etc, etc. They usually scream the hardest when a brother beats them somewhere. Many times someone will be screaming like I thought they got really hurt, and I'll go to them and they'll say, "Derek passed me." OH. NO. The competitive spirit in this house is unreal. I'm learning how to use it for good in many cases. They really want to beat each other in everything, so if I want them to get dressed, I say, "who can get dressed the fastest?" If I want them to go potty without a fight before we leave the house, I say, "Who can get the most pee out?" ha! You've never seen these boys move so fast as to when they think they can beat their brothers at something.
They are all into superheros right now....they want to dress up like them, act like them, use shields and stuff like them. It's SO crazy! I'm learning all the names of the superheros and their super powers. This is something I never thought I'd be so lucky to learn! The boys' favorite game, which Derek usually initiates is "chase." I chase them. That's it. At night, Evan and I both chase them with our "booty pinchers" and try to get them. They scream and laugh SO hard! They're so much fun. We laugh at them so much right now. For example, the other night Micah told us he fell really hard and "I hurt my booty." Evan asked if he was okay, and he said, "No, now it has a crack in it." They are just the BEST!
This fall at the same tree!
Tyler and Daddy....so precious....
Tyler man....
Micah and Andrew....
Derek....
And a picture I forgot to put up earlier...Here are the boys at their birthday celebration at school. They all got crowns and were SO proud that it was their day! The three little guys have been getting along so well lately. They just have a bond, you can tell it. Tonight Micah was struggling to get the right legs in his pants, and he screamed b/c he couldn't get it, and Andrew and Derek jumped up right away to try to help him. They just have each others backs already.....I love watching it!
A fun museum downtown that we go to often in the winter. They have "Imagination Playground" where you can build castles and towers with these huge foam blocks. It's so much fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment