Thursday, July 3, 2014

My New Job

Today is a day my boys have been counting the days down to for a few weeks now.  It's my last day of work outside of the home!  God has once again been moving in very obvious ways in our home and lives lately, and it's resulted this time in my job being eliminated, which I was working at two days a week.  For the last 9 years I've been working in corporate recruiting for GMR Marketing out of Milwaukee, WI.  Evan went to law school at Marquette, and I started at GMR shortly after we got married in 2005.  When we moved to Sioux Falls, they let me stay on part time to help them with the transition to whoever would be replacing me, and I worked from coffee shops and home.  They never replaced me.  

This job has been so much more than a job to me.  Not only did I love what I was doing, but they were incredibly accommodating, supportive and flexible during my triplet pregnancy and the birth of my little guys.  If you look back at the post from Nov. 26, 2011, you'll see the 2600 diapers that GMR employees sent to our family just before the babies were born.  They also raised enough extra money to buy us some baby clothes, toys and a bunch of other supplies.  They've been amazing.  This job was a way for me to stay sane and filled with purpose as I was on bed rest.  It's been a way for me to escape my house for a couple of days when I had three newborns and  a 2 year old at home.  I honestly think I've been a happier and healthier mom because of this position and the opportunity it provided me to use my brain in an entirely different way.  It gave me empowerment and affirmation in a way that home couldn't right then.

And then in January of this year, I started getting this feeling that maybe I could stay home with the boys full time and not go crazy (seriously), and maybe I'd even enjoy it, and maybe it's where I should be.  Evan and I talked about it, and decided that this job provided us with too many benefits for me to quit right then, so we swept the issue under the rug again for awhile.  Then about a month ago, I got a call from my new VP telling me that unfortunately my position now needed to be full time in Milwaukee.  Obviously relocating is not an option for us right now.  This position was too good for me to quit it on my own, so God needed to make it happen to direct me into this next stage of my life.  I was shocked and freaked out at first.  Can I really do this full time stay at home mom thing in this extreme parenting situation?  I don't think I can do it alone.  I know that this "job" will be so much harder than the job I am losing.  But I am also confident that I will need to seek my strength from the only One who can provide it.  He has been so faithful all along, so I have no reason to doubt.  

Everything has worked out so perfectly (not a coincidence) in terms of telling my amazing babysitters that I no longer need them, to the benefits that GMR provided ending, to Evan's support and reaction to the news....everything.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."  Romans 8:28.  Once again, God's word becoming truth in our lives....

My little cuties....
Derek, Andrew, Tyler, Micah


Here are a few more pics of our photo shoot that we did with my whole side of the family.  

Mom and dad with all of their grandsons....my guys and Matt's two boys.


Our whole family...





Feeling so blessed.....


No comments:

Post a Comment