Tyler is talking a LOT...he repeats about the last word of every sentence we say. He surprises us with how much he knows every day. The other day he sat down on the living room floor, pointed at the floor, and said, "carpet." Today we were in the car, and I was talking on the phone with work, and I said, "that's ridiculous." And then I hear little Tyler from the back seat saying "ridiculous." We were at my parents house this past weekend, and whenever the sump pump would kick in, he'd notice it, and say "pump." He also just started saying his whole name "Tyler Amema (Anema)". And he's putting more words together, like, "I got it" and "daddy work". It's so amazing to watch his little brain develop!
The pregnancy is still going good. I was 13 weeks on Friday, so I'm out of the first trimester. Sometimes I think I'm starting to feel better, but then I'll have a bad day, so I don't think I'm out of the woods yet. I'm still really, really tired, and sleep as much as I can. For example, at my parents house this weekend, they were watching Tyler for me, so I could sleep whenever I wanted. on Saturday I woke up at 9 a.m., went down for another nap from 10:30 - 12:30, got up for 3 hours, and went back to sleep at 3 - 6 p.m. I went to bed a little later that night, but I just can't believe how much sleep my body needs right now! These babies are exhausting already! :)
We are slowly adjusting to the fact that we are having triplets. I've had a few days where I'm excited about it all, and can't wait to snuggle THREE little babies!! It's all such a miracle, and I feel so incredibly blessed to be able to have this many kids. I know some people struggle to have even one child, so I know I need to count this experience as a major blessing in our lives. We're learning that more and more every day. Yes, it will be life altering. Yes, it will be exhausting. But it will also be fun, and an amazing experience that not many in this world get to experience. We've had so much support from friends and family already, which we are SO thankful for. There's no way we could be getting through this without help right now.
The thing that is probably surprising me the most about all of this is how much work it is NOW. We knew once the babies got here it would be a ton of work, but it's already so exhausting! I do everything I can to just keep my eyes open during the day when I'm home with Tyler, and then typically the second Evan walks in the door at 6 p.m. I hand him Tyler and fall into bed. Sometimes I have the energy to cook supper, but a lot of times I don't, or it makes me sick to do so. So Evan works all day at a job that's been stressful lately, then comes home and does everything around the house and watches Tyler. After Tyler goes to bed, he usually goes out and mows the lawn or does whatever he can't do when Tyler is up. Our time with me and him is pretty rare, so we're missing that a lot. We kind of feel like it's survival mode right now. Not every day is like this, though. Sometimes if Tyler takes good naps, then I can get good naps in, too, so I can stay up until Tyler goes to bed at 8 (sometimes when I'm really crazy I stay up until 10!). :) I'm SO thankful for my mom and mother in law, who have both helped so much already in cleaning my house, making us food, watching Tyler, etc. I don't mean to sound negative, but it's just a crazy life right now!
Here are some pictures of our little man....the one who can ALWAYS cheer me up, and reminds me how amazing being a mom is!
He loves "talking" on the phone....dialing in this picture....
Life doesn't get any better....
Here is Tyler on the couch with Emily, Addison, and Hailey Dooyema. The cutest little girls EVER! Tyler is soaking up the attention. :)
Loved the update! All those new pictures and no belly picture?! I even scrolled to the bottom right away to see if you had posted one :)
ReplyDelete