We had an ultrasound a week ago today, when I was 15.5 weeks along. We went in knowing that we could possibly find out what gender the babies were, so we were so excited to hear! The ultrasound tech could see all three babies really clearly, and all three of them are boys!! We were once again surprised -- especially Evan. I was guessing all three boys for some reason, but it was still a little shocking! Our house is going to be SO rowdy! I'm really excited! Four boys all within two years of each other.... Evan said he's excited for family vacations at football games and going whitewater rafting. We will definitely have an adventurous life. I just told him not to be surprised if I asked him to drop me off at the mall every once in awhile. :)
The ultrasound went pretty good. One concern that we have now, though, is for Baby A's growth. Baby A's cord connects to the placenta on the very side of the placenta, not right in the middle of the placenta, like it should. The Dr. said usually this turns out fine, but there is a higher risk for Baby A to not grow as well as the other babies. He also said the next four weeks until I am out of the teen weeks are pretty crucial. If it gets to the point where Baby A stops growing, there is a possibility that they'd have to take the babies early. It's so scary to hear stuff like this because there are so many increased risks with everything anyway. It's just another aspect that I'm not in control of. I'm trying my best to give it all over to God...I can give it to Him, but it's been hard to leave it there all the time.
I didn't know I was really so attached to all of the babies until about 2 weeks ago. I had a scary incident where I bled just a little bit (It all turned out to be fine), and my head started spinning with "what if's" and I realized then how far I've come since those first few weeks of being so afraid of triplets and not wanting this to happen. Yes, I'm still totally freaked out and scared and I think I will be until they get here. But mostly, I just love these little boys like crazy already. I just want them to get here safely and healthy. Once they're here and our biggest concern is how we're going to take care of them, I'll be so happy! Yes, our life will be chaos, and we will be so busy, and this isn't necessarily how I would've chosen for it to happen, but I know that God has blessed us with three babies all at once for a reason, and His plan is so much bigger and better than ours is. Everyone (really, everyone) keeps saying, "just remember...God doesn't give you more than you can handle." I think He has, though. I think He's given me way more than one person or one couple or family can handle (THREE babies at once, people!!), but I think that's the point. I NEED Him to get through this pregnancy, and to raise these little boys. He's making me rely on Him more than I probably ever have in the past, and that's an amazing thing. I trust that He will give me the strength to get through this, and I pray that He will continue to mold me into the person He wants me to be on this earth, through whatever trials and blessings that come.
The pregnancy is still going about the same. I'm still exhausted constantly (I take about 4 hour naps on the days when I don't have Tyler), and sick at least for awhile every day (a lot of times it's at night when I'm trying to sleep). We're trying to get a lot of things done over here -- like get Tyler's new room ready, get the baby room ready, get everything we need for the babies, etc. b/c we're never sure when they're going to tell me I need to go on bedrest. Hopefully it won't even happen, but some triplet moms go on as early as 18 weeks! It's been such a busy, crazy whirlwind already...
I know there are quite a few people already following our blog, and I feel so supported already through all of this. It's amazing how people step forward when you need help! There are a few specific prayer requests I'd like to mention today, though:
Please pray for 3 healthy babies, and especially pray for Baby A, that he continues to get the nutrients and blood supply that he needs to grow at the same rate as the others. This is the one that keeps me up at night....
For a healthy pregnancy for me, and for a clear and peaceful mindset to see God's hand in all of this. To learn to trust Him with ALL of my concerns and worries (believe me....there are a lot!).
For Evan as he goes to work at a really busy/stressful job, and then comes home and has to do almost everything around the house since I'm so tired. I always knew I had an amazing husband, but he's definitely proving it once again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment