Sunday, April 10, 2011

Our Little Ray of Sunshine



Evan and I had a fabulous weekend this weekend. I brought Tyler to Platte and let him stay with my parents until today, Sunday. We didn't change one diaper all weekend, didn't have to pick up peas up off of the floor after meal time, or trip over cars on the kitchen floor. It was SO relaxing! We slept in, got up and drank coffee together, went out both nights like we were in college again, and just had a great time together! It's like we were on a vacation at home. :) Even though it was a nice break, we really missed Tyler. He's become such a huge part of our lives, that it seems weird to even have a few days without him. My mom and dad spoiled him completely, though! I think every time he wanted to go outside, or asked for a cookie or anything....he got it, so I'm sure he didn't really miss us that much. :) My mom said on one of the days, "isn't he just a little ray of sunshine?" And that pretty much sums it up for us, too. There's nothing better waking up each day knowing I get to be Tyler's mom.


Tonight I just had one of those fabulous "mom moments", too. It's pretty rare that Tyler has a night that he doesn't just go right to sleep once we lay him in his bed. Tonight he was a little too wound up or something b/c he wasn't going down very good for us, so I went in his room after he had been jabbering for about 20 minutes. I always pick him up and cradle him, try to settle him down, and sing him a lullaby to put him to sleep. He's a smart little guy, though, b/c he knows that one time in the middle of my lullaby, he started giggling, which made me start giggling, which made him giggle more, and you get the picture. So ever since that has happened, he knows that he can prolong the going to sleep process by just giving a little giggle in the middle of Away in a Manager (still his favorite going to sleep song). So tonight he did that, and I stood in Tyler's room giggling with him for about 10 minutes straight. His little laugh is just the most precious thing ever! So tonight I guess I'm thankful for even the nights that he doesn't go to bed easily for us.

Playing in the basement....It's our morning routine!


This isn't a great picture, but it shows you how excited Tyler is to be hiding in a "fort" made out of couch cushions and blankets in the basement. :)



Pushing buttons on the TV, DVD player, remote....whatever he can get his hands on. He just looks like he knows he's not supposed to be doing that, doesn't he?



One of Tyler's favorite thing to do right now is go up and down the stairs (over and over and over). Evan took the baby gate down, which makes me a nervous wreck, but Tyler is really good at sitting down and turning around before he goes down the steps. He thinks he's such a big boy when he does it!



This is Tyler with Evan's friend Joah's little boy, Easton. They LOVED riding in the wagon together. And of course the puppy always has to ride along, too.



My little angel...so peaceful...


1 comment:

  1. He is sooo cute, Heather!! It sounds like you adore being a mom...and that you're a great one too! --Katie

    ReplyDelete