So
this weekend Evan's parents took Derek and Tyler to their house. Oh. My.
I can't believe how much less work it is to keep the house clean, take a
shower, clean up after meals, go places, etc, etc, etc, with only 2 two year
olds!! I actually sat down sometimes this weekend. It is so weird
for me to split the triplets up, but I think it's good for them. Since
Derek really wants to do EVERYTHING Tyler does, we knew he'd have fun together
with him this weekend. Thanks to Evan's parents for giving us a little
break! While it was a welcome break, I was so glad to get my little guys
all back together again. Evan and I commented a few times that it just
seemed kind of dull, quiet,....boring (am I really saying this?!). Micah
and Andrew played together so well and we hardly had to break up any fights.
I'm realizing that's a big piece of the work right now. Evan's mom
said the same thing about Derek and Tyler. It's just when there are 4
little boys together, there is always someone to fight with or something to
fight over and more reasons to throw fits. Seriously -- I bet there are at
least 20 fits a day thrown at our house that I need to deal with, and at least
15 - 30 times (that's a big range, yes) that someone bumps their head, gets
bit, gets a toy thrown at them, gets tackled when they weren't expecting it,
etc. So yes, a lot of the day is filled with screaming of some sort.
Evan
is teaching me a lot about boys. He makes sure I remember that "if
you don't win, they (the boys) win." Here's the thing: I am
not competitive. Is he forgetting that I was a cheerleader?! I just
want everyone to have fun and play nice and get along. I don't care if I
win. But that philosophy does NOT work at our house. The boys test
me on EVERY thing right now -- from where they sit at the kitchen table to
going to sleep at nap time to listening when I tell them to clean up.
They are little stinkers times 4. It's exhausting for me, b/c it's
a constant challenge for my natural people pleasing behavior. But I'll do
it. Every day. Over and over. With every one of them.
Because they WILL NOT turn out to be brats (I pray about that every day).
Anyway, if you are praying for us, please pray for me to have wisdom to
know how to handle each situation in a God honoring way that will shape my
boys' hearts and behavior in the best way. That's our challenge right now.
Naughty little honeys. Good thing they are so cute. :-)
Here
are those naughty little boys tackling their mama right after I walked in the
door. It might not look like it, but it's the best welcome ever!
One of our sweet neighbors and babysitters for the boys gave them
all these great camping chairs for outside in the summer. But really,
they're great for watching Barney (or pushing over, or putting blankets over to
make forts). Everything is more fun when you're under a canopy....it just
feels more fort-like, you know? Micah, Andrew, Derek.
We all have cabin fever this winter, so we try to get outside any
time it’s over about 25 degrees out. The
boys love it! We already can’t wait for
summer!
Our little comedian, Derek. He thought he was SO funny at
dinner the other night when he put two nuks in his mouth at the same time.
We're about ready to get rid of the nuk, but let's be honest.
Sometimes it's nice to have something to plug up his mouth with when
we're trying to get everyone else to sleep. Seriously -- it's about the
only way it works. He talks and laughs and sings and yells ALL DAY LONG.
But I love it. :)
Being in the dead of winter does not keep us from mowing! Mowing is done best when you’re mostly
naked. Not sure if you knew that, but
that’s how we roll.
hmm, awesom post,, i like it
ReplyDeletefunny animated pictures